• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Whats in your glass right now? 2013

Finish the night with a benromach peatsmoke. Funny how it has more ppm than the Bruichladdich PC 10 peat projet but pack way less of a punch.

Last night a glass of Stagg Jr followed by a glass of Balcones Single Malt. Completely different flavor profiles, but both were very good.

Old Bardstown 101 proof bourbon. Recommended by my guy at Spec's, and pretty good.  Lots of vanilla notes on a dry finish and very sippable.

Had a taste of Fremont Mischief Whiskey last night. Something I picked up last trip to Seattle from a small distillery. Not bad at all. 

Spring bank 12year old finished in a Calvados Barrel, very nice.
Love Spec's, wish they were here in CO!

Stagg JR.  Not on the same level as its old man but, not far off and pretty damn good in its own right.  I heard mixed reviews so I only bought 1 bottle when home and cracked it open then went back the next day and bought the remaining 3 bottles.   :D   Git'em while you can.  

Tamnavulin 1967 for Randy

Old Pultney 21 heard old, found it on sale for $100.00!

There was some different stuff going around the deer lease this past weekend that the guys brought.

Elmer T. Lee          This was suprisingly good for the price.
Templeton Rye       I am not big rye fan, but this was pretty good.
Ancient Age            Nope never again!
Eagle Rare             It has been a while since I had this and I enjoyed it. 

I brought a bottle of Prichard's Double Barrell and Weller Antique 107. The Weller is an old favorite, but the Prichard's new to me and I enjoyed it alot.

You want what is called Ancient Ancient Age - Much better stuff but it is only in a few states now and Texas ain't one of them. Which ER did you try the 10 or the 17?

AVB said:
You want what is called Ancient Ancient Age - Much better stuff but it is only in a few states now and Texas ain't one of them. Which ER did you try the 10 or the 17?

It was the 10 year.

You can send it to me :)

Gordan & Macphail Imperial w/ a Port barrel finish to it.

Went to a Whisky tasting last night and the theme was new vs old. We sampled Glenfarclas 15, 17, 21 and 105. The 17 was my favorite out of the group. We then sampled Springbank 10, 12 and 15. All good in that group. 

Famous Grouse.  Jose, the new owner of my local cigar store, keeps it in stock under the counter for us Friday Night Regulars and I've developed a fondness for it.  Smooth enough to sip neat, cheap enough I don't feel bad drinking it on the rocks.  :)

~Boar