• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Whats in your glass right now? 2013

High West Double Rye, a couple dashes of bitters, a pinch of ultrafine and a big ice cube.

Last night started off with some Treaty Oak Red Handed Bourbon(nothing special, but local and the distillers are smart asses so I gave em a try) and finished with some Stagg Jr. Still impressed with the new Stagg.

I had a couple glasses of the High West Barreled Manhattan, complete with Amarena Fabbri wild cherry.  Excellent.

khari said:
I had a couple glasses of the High West Barreled Manhattan, complete with Amarena Fabbri wild cherry.  Excellent.
MMMM...  SOuns good.  I have not had a good Manhattan in a while.  May have to have one this weekend.

Been on a major Bourbon run lately so I decided to switch it up went with an old familiar pour, Ardbeg Ten it did not disappoint.    

Drinking a 1985 Sandeman Vintage Port I just acquired with an Illusione Sin Cinta. Amazing pairing. 
1609562_10152032501684823_1143795665_n.jpg

Last night it was Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey......awful.

But I had to give it a go because my wife put it in my Christmas stocking this year.  But that'll be the last glass of that.

khari said:

I don't even know what the hell that is! Talk normal guy liquor talk Khari!  :laugh:

Brickhouse said:

But I had to give it a go because my wife put it in my Christmas stocking this year.  But that'll be the last glass of that.

:laugh: ...I bought a hip flask bottle of that last Friday, when I picked up some wine, just to try it out and you nailed it...TERRIBLE!

It now sits in my kitchen cabinet next to all the teas...that's the only way I see using the rest, spiking my tea to sooth my throat when I'm sick!  :rolleyes:

1653926_681002425285743_1418752150_n.jpg

Popped my scotch cherry last night. It was very enjoyable but also very strong and aromatic. Just with the glass sitting on the table the wife shocked how strong it smelled. Over time I see this getting more and more enjoyable.

Paul

Tall Paul said:

Popped my scotch cherry last night. It was very enjoyable but also very strong and aromatic. Just with the glass sitting on the table the wife shocked how strong it smelled. Over time I see this getting more and more enjoyable.

Paul

I've been working on my taste for Scotch for about a year now and I'm still not quite there.  It certainly is distinctive in its aroma and taste, and while I don't dislike it, it just doesn't appeal to me like bourbon.

I'm working on it though.

Brickhouse said:

Paul

I've been working on my taste for Scotch for about a year now and I'm still not quite there.  It certainly is distinctive in its aroma and taste, and while I don't dislike it, it just doesn't appeal to me like bourbon.

I'm going to give bourbon a shot as well. I'm just not use to drinking booze strait unless its in a shot glass....   :laugh:

Tall Paul said:

Paul

I'm going to give bourbon a shot as well. I'm just not use to drinking booze strait unless its in a shot glass....   :laugh:

Like Doc said a few months back, it's rare to find a person that likes both bourbon & scotch. 

ironpeddler said:

:laugh: ...I bought a hip flask bottle of that last Friday, when I picked up some wine, just to try it out and you nailed it...TERRIBLE!

It now sits in my kitchen cabinet next to all the teas...that's the only way I see using the rest, spiking my tea to sooth my throat when I'm sick!  :rolleyes:

Yup. I got some for Christmas, too. It's going to sit in my bar until the summer, and at that point I'll probably see if I can hide it in some lemonade or iced tea.

ironpeddler said:

Paul

Like Doc said a few months back, it's rare to find a person that likes both bourbon & scotch. 

That's why I wonder if I'll like bourbon better.

Any recommendations for something decent in a small bottle would be great!