• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Whats in your glass right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sat down last night and had time to break open a package from Johnny-O. HC7 with Coke and a Mag47 are a great way to end the day!

Came back very sore from Physical Therapy due to a recent car accident. Wanted something nice to relax and take the edge off. Had a healthy dram of laphroaig 18 it did not disappoint.

As the weather cools, I find myself drinking more rye and Islay malts. Tonight was Baby Sazerac.

Bulleit Rye. One of the best ryes I've ever had. Doc.

That's surprising, Doc. How would you rate it compared to the regular Sazerac? Or another rye in that price range?
I haven't drank that many Ryes. Old Overholt, Jim Beam, Ri, Wild Turkey, Bulleit, Jefferson 10 yr and Templeton. The Templeton was the best, Bulleit second and the Jefferson the most disappointing. The Bulleit is 95 proof with lots of honey and vanilla flavors It's readily available here, unlike Templeton and I like high proof whiskey.

Doc

As the weather cools, I find myself drinking more rye and Islay malts. Tonight was Baby Sazerac.

X2. Especially so on the Islay's. Nothing quite like an Islay when there are leaves on the ground and a bite in the air.

Last night had some WLW 2011. Feels hotter than last years with more spice and cinamon and a hotter alcohol burn. If memory serves it feels more reminiscent of the 09, than the 2010 whick I really liked. It may need a little more water to take the bite out.

Maybe the Dram / bottle needs to breathe as I just popped the cork.

X2. Especially so on the Islay's. Nothing quite like an Islay when there are leaves on the ground and a bite in the air.

Last night had some WLW 2011. Feels hotter than last years with more spice and cinamon and a hotter alcohol burn. If memory serves it feels more reminiscent of the 09, than the 2010 whick I really liked. It may need a little more water to take the bite out.

Maybe the Dram / bottle needs to breathe as I just popped the cork.

I couldn't agree more especially with the rye. This is the time of year I get my money's worth ou o the Sazerac and Van Winkle Family Reserve! And I love every second of it! Any suggestions on other ryes are always welcome, but those two are my favorite so far.

How is this years ER17? I have not had the opportunity to try it yet. I still have a half bottle left from my case of 09, which I liked a lot.

Just to keep on topic last night I wanted to treat myself on a cold raw NE night and dug back for the bottle of Jefferson Presidential Select 17yo. This is reportedly some of the last juice coming out of the SW distillery and it does not disapoint. Very balanced and smooth with vanilla, raisins and a hint of sherry. Excellent bourbon. I was at the local and saw a few bottles of the 18yo left, I might need to go back and grab another as the SW juice is drying up and not to return.

I would love eagle rare if I could get it for 20$. It goes for about 30 here, still very good!

The 17 is part of the buffalo trace antique collection, the only one I've had this year so far. It's very good, but don't expect it taste like eagle rare 10 yr old. I find the 10 yr to be pretty balaced with spices, woodiness and a hint of sweetness with a very noticeable vanilla finish. The 17 yr old is on the other hand a bit more spicier with almost no or very little vanilla finish. As soon as it hits ur taste buds it taste like toffee or caramel only for a split second. Then the spice takes control and somehow it ends up with some buttered popcorn notes as well, the finish leans more towards a toasted leather taste. And Is quite a bit smoother then the 10.Very good bourbon and worth every bit of the price tag. Happy drinking!

Finished off my last of a Lagavulin 16 today. I'll be cracking open a bottle of Ardbeg Alligator tonight.

I'm finishing off my bottle of Johnnie Walker Double Black. Now for something a bit more peaty...

I just finished my bottle of eagle rare 17, be careful, it empties very fast! This is best drunk straight. No ice, no water and no coke! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.