• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Whats in your glass right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glen Grant 1958 50 year old, Johnnie Walker Blue, Macallan 25 last night. This afternoon started with Highland Park 21. Boo ya!

Well well Zealot...Someone had a ncie evening :)

For my part I reopened a MacMyra. 

Caol Ila 25, Laphroaig 25, Glenmorangie 25 & Highland Park 30 with my brother & son at Wynn Las Vegas.

Tonight, a few glasses of WoodBridge Cab.   I love this stuff with a good stick.

Spring is nearly here and I generally only drink rye in the cold months, so I'm working my way through a bottle Sazerac rye.

1. Home made barrel aged manhattan.  I bought one of those mini 2l Barrels and have been playing around with aging and the recipe.  After the arderous process of daily tastings I finally Got the Manhattan barrel dialed in for age and taste re bottled the manhattans for later and whipped up a barrel of Negroni's.  Hopefully, this is as good as the Manhattans are. 

Last night it was Paddy Irish Whiskey. It's a nice smooth light drink, but for an 80 proof, never disappoints.

Wild turkey tradition... Went a head and bit the bullet on this one.

Worth every penny!

Barrel Aged Negroni.  This is really growing on me.  Love the complexity and bitterness. This is definitely a case where the end result is better than the sum of its parts.  Campari on its own is far too bitter and really doesn't do much for me.  The week in the barrel seems to have rounded it out and added some more depth. 

I gotta say, I am having fun with the little 2L barrel I bought.  I might let the Negroni go another couple days then will put in glass and I will work on some Barrel aged Margaritas. 

I've played around with the thought of getting one as well.  Where did you get your barrel?

khari said:
I've played around with the thought of getting one as well.  Where did you get your barrel?
Its pretty cool.  I run a solerno type barreling where when I have a glass then I refill and tweak it based off what i think it needs.  I rebarrel in glass when I have it just right.  I know others have had mixed success with these but, IMHO the Manhattans and the Negroni's have been really well rounded and balanced.  

I bought from oak Barrels LTD and have nothing but good things to say.  Barrel arrived fairly quickly and the quality appears to be very good. 

http://oakbarrelsltd.com/2-liter-oak-barrel-with-galvanized-hoops.html

If nothing else the little barrel looks damn good on the bar top.  I will say though, that it is very dangerous to have 2L's of this goodness on tap at all times.  I am definitely enjoying the nightly tasting / tweaking of the recipes. 

Greggj77 said:
Its pretty cool.  I run a solerno type barreling where when I have a glass then I refill and tweak it based off what i think it needs.  I rebarrel in glass when I have it just right.  I know others have had mixed success with these but, IMHO the Manhattans and the Negroni's have been really well rounded and balanced.  

I bought from oak Barrels LTD and have nothing but good things to say.  Barrel arrived fairly quickly and the quality appears to be very good. 

http://oakbarrelsltd.com/2-liter-oak-barrel-with-galvanized-hoops.html

If nothing else the little barrel looks damn good on the bar top.  I will say though, that it is very dangerous to have 2L's of this goodness on tap at all times.  I am definitely enjoying the nightly tasting / tweaking of the recipes. 
Thanks Gregg.  Just ordered one.

Status
Not open for further replies.