• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's in your pipe today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I'm even more excited to get this. Come on USPS, step on it!! :laugh:

Fired the bowl up and it lit very easily, it generated tons of smoke. It was a very "clean" taste, not a ton of flavor. A bit peppery on the tongue, and didn't burn hot as I thought it might. Still finishing the bowl. I'm a bit undecided on my satisfaction with it. It was good, just not a "blow your socks off" smoke. Perhaps I need to try a few more bowls to be definitive about my preference.

[/color][/size][/font]

I was worried about how dry the tobacco seemed. And teh extremely strong scent gave me pause and I haven't yet packed a bowl of it. But reading this it seems that my fears were unfounded and I'll give it a try sooner rather than later.

Did you have trouble packing the bowl? It seems like it would be all to easy to over-fill and have issues.

Hi guys. The old man (DAD) is looking into smoking a pipe theses days, he has been talking about it for years. Most likely MOM is saying Hummm NO. I am going to get him his wish and pick up a pipe and some tobacco for his X-mas gift.

If you could shoot me an e-mail, point me in the right direction that would be great. $100.00 max on this gift.

Thanks Jay

Hi guys. The old man (DAD) is looking into smoking a pipe theses days, he has been talking about it for years. Most likely MOM is saying Hummm NO. I am going to get him his wish and pick up a pipe and some tobacco for his X-mas gift.

If you could shoot me an e-mail, point me in the right direction that would be great. $100.00 max on this gift.

Thanks Jay

I'm going to go out on a limb here and Suggest one phonecall to Boswells Pipe and Tobacco.

Talk to JM and I'm sure he can set you up with a fantastic pipe and all the tools and tobak your dad will need!

http://www.boswellpipes.com/
(717) 264-1711

Thanks Jay

I'm going to go out on a limb here and Suggest one phonecall to Boswells Pipe and Tobacco.

Talk to JM and I'm sure he can set you up with a fantastic pipe and all the tools and tobak your dad will need!

http://www.boswellpipes.com/
(717) 264-1711

ditto8pi.gif

If J.M isn't available, talk with Dan or Gail. All are great folks and will do whatever they can to fix you up.
Suggestion - I'd first peruse their web galleries so you have some idea what to ask for or what they are describing to you. Tell them you are from CigarPass. :thumbs:

I plan to be at Boswell's this weekend. LMK if I can help...

Smoking Frog Morton on the Bayou. Going to put in a Boswell order soon.

Well the journey continues... a couple days ago I fired up a bowl of "Smokingpipes.com" Waccamaw:

waccamaw1a.jpg

waccamaw1.jpg

waccamaw2.jpg

As you can see from the above image it is a chopped flake, it rubbed out fairly nicely.

waccamaw3.jpg

animated_pipe.gif

"Frank filled" the bowl and fired it up. It was actually a very enjoyable smoke. It was a bit wet, as most of the "tinned" varieties seem to be, however, it had some different flavors and a nice aroma. I enjoyed it.

Last night McClelland's British Woods to break in the new Boswell. Today a couple bowls of Boswell's Christmas Cookie.

Lately, I've really been enjoying McCelland's Christmas Cheer 2007.

Lately, I've really been enjoying McCelland's Christmas Cheer 2007.

Did you smoke any of the 06'? I have a tin and don't really love it. Wonder if you can taste much difference between them.

I think I'm going to pack up some of the Boswell North woods, smells like a kick in the teeth. :laugh:

I've been intrigued by their new selections ever since I got the e-mail announcing them. I may have to place an order after the holidays...

Last night I enjoyed a bowl of Pipeworks & Wilke No. 193. VERY satisfying Burley, Black Cav, Virginia, Latakia, Perique blend. I couldn't decide what I was in the mood for, so I went with something that had a little bit of everything. Just the right amount of Latakia and Perique to make it very interesting and very flavorful. I'm going to have to order some of this. The 1/2oz sample she sent with my last order was just not enough!

Well the journey continues... a couple days ago I fired up a bowl of "Smokingpipes.com" Waccamaw:

"Frank filled" the bowl and fired it up. It was actually a very enjoyable smoke. It was a bit wet, as most of the "tinned" varieties seem to be, however, it had some different flavors and a nice aroma. I enjoyed it.

Just finished a bowl of Penzance thanks to aeroswat. What a great tobacco. Right up my latakia lovin' alley.

Thanks again aeroswat!

Now to find a few tins or a bulk offering of this fine tobacco.

2nd bowl of Christmas Cookie this morning and love it. I need to go out today and get some different tobacco, or I won't make it to the weekend.

Tried something new (to me) last night: Spilman Mixture. It's a pleasant English blend, not as much Latakia as, say, McClelland's British Woods, but much to my taste. It reminds me of the old Best Blend from Smoker's Haven in Columbus which, years ago, was my favorite blend.

Spilman Mixture is a reintroduction of an old Iwan Ries tobacco. I could only find one review of it but that was favoritable. I love Iwan Ries and spend time there whenever I'm in Chicago so I thought I'd give Spilman a try. I'm not sure who makes it for them.

Anyone else tried this?

I had a bow of CAO Milonga in the cob last night. It wasn't that bad but the best part was the wife hanging around for a long relaxing talk, she usually will not if I am smoking a NC.

Another bowl of the same tonight. Just don't feel like sitting in the garage or standing outside.

I gave a friend a cob and a couple tins at our christmas party lastnight, and we smoked a bowl of the Peterson Holmes blend. Really tasty!

Status
Not open for further replies.