• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's in your pipe today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boswell's Christmas Cookie kicked up w/ sprinkles of HdM. I have enjoyed this combination a few times this week alternating between an old generic bulldog and a Stanwell Colonial #126.

Yesterday I smoked some Dunhill EMP in a Savinelli Roma billiard followed by Escudo in an ebony Peterson bulldog. Today was some PA in a Dr. Grabow Grand Duke that is sort of a mini-pot. Somehow, those Dr. Gs seemed to smoke PA and Carter Hall like champs.

My own blend of 3pts FVF, 1pts McC Or #8, 1pts McConnell Syrian Latakia in the twin bore Sav PO. I might press some to see what that does to it. It's quite good as it is, though. :)

Last night I had a bowl of Dark Star. It was disappointing so I smoked some 05 Christmas Cheer to make up for it. :thumbs:

I'm getting ready for work. I've got some coffee brewing and a cob filled with stonehaven ready to smoke on the way. :D

Dan Tobacco Red Virginia Superb #3 in the DiMonte - perfect balance of latakia and VA, IMO. Add some turkish yenidje and this would be close to ... :D

My Mixture 965 in a Stanwell Majestic Billiard.

Peretti 7485 in my Twin bore Sav. This pipe was a recent gift and I thought it would be great until I smoked it. Burns too hot! Thin, light briar and poor airflow, I think. Might be worth re-boring but the stem is too slight to widen the bore much.

The brother sent about 6 oz of C&D Briar Fox AND an Opus X so it was still a great gift!

If you haven't tried Briar Fox, do so. Great blend!

I just got done another bowl of McClelland #5100 Red Cake and I never tire of this blend, either. Packed a bowl in the DiMonte to take with while running a few errands and it made the whole trip a treat. In a cold winter rain, no less! :D

Mac Baren Navy Flake in a Mac Baren billiard followed by some Nightcap in my workhorse Parker bulldog.

McClelland 5100 in my Nording Hunter series Goose.
nording.gif

McClelland 5100 in my Nording Hunter series Goose.
nording.gif

Love 5100...have a hard time keeping it lit though. Tried drying it for 2 days straight even and it still refuses. Seems like some sort of humectant on the leaf...normally I'd just give up on it but the stuff tastes so good!

Another good 5100 pairing - with Gawith, Hoggarth Brown Bogie.

Affectionately known as Red Bogie. ;)

I took out some Night Cap that was from 2004 and let me tell you, wow. You can tell the Latakia and Perique in this blend. It started off mellow and then gradually picked up the strength I remember this to be. I will still stand by my previous statements in the fact this should be called Morning Thunder. Still damn good but definitely not a blend for a beginner. :thumbs:

I took out some Night Cap that was from 2004 and let me tell you, wow. You can tell the Latakia and Perique in this blend. It started off mellow and then gradually picked up the strength I remember this to be. I will still stand by my previous statements in the fact this should be called Morning Thunder. Still damn good but definitely not a blend for a beginner. :thumbs:
Those Murray Dunhills are much better than the Orlik. Too bad they are so rare now. I have a tin of 2004 Standard Mixture Medium that is half gone. But there are some other great Latakia blends out there, too. ;)

I tried my second bowl of McClelland's Jubilee yesterday. Dried it more than the first bowl and really enjoyed it. Mostly bright VA with a tad of Syrian Latakia, Turkish, and perique. Very nice but a bit more perique would suit me fine. :p

Just had some Mac Baren The Solent Mixture in a Peterson System pipe. :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.