• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's in your pipe today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
McClelland Drama Reserve in the Stanwell. I like this more with every bowl. Now that the tin is past halfway I'm getting more perique on each bowlful. I've noticed this with other perique blends when it's in granulated form. It tends to sink to the bottom. In this case I like the effect! ;)

Had a bowl of Celtic Talisman this morning. Good stuff!

I have been very curious about that one. I was thinking about getting a tin next time I order just to try it along with some butternut burley that I have heard good things about. :thumbs:

Had some McClleland Spirit in a Yanik Viking last night. :)

P7120001.jpg

Carter Hall and Fangorn Forest. I just mix Carter Hall with everything lately. :D

It works out well with Latakia and cigar leaf blends.

Carter Hall and Fangorn Forest. I just mix Carter Hall with everything lately. :D

It works out well with Latakia and cigar leaf blends.

I've been finishing off my Hoyo cigar leaf with Carter Hall. I've been trying different ratios and have yet to find the "magic moment", but I'm getting close. I need to start measuring it more precisely. I just throw some in and see what happens. CH lends itself pretty well to blending.

Altadis' "Count Pulaski" in a pretty beaten up Stanwell estate. Cool smoking VA/Burley with Latakia and just a hint of Anise. What's not to like?

- Tim

Great day for smoking outside here in DE!

McC Drama Reserve on the front stoop.
Yenice Agonya after dinner on the back porch.
Peretti Park Square NOW! :p

I just smoked my first bowl of Dunhil 965, it was awesome! I bought 2 oz's from the last jar that my local tobacco shop has left and I plan on buying the rest of it tonight. Can anyone recomend another blend that might be simular to the 965?

I find Hearth & Home Sunjammer to be fairly similar as they claim. It's not quite as strong with nicotine and it's not quite as flavorful, but it's pretty close.

It's easier for me to smoke multiple bowls of Sunjammer in a smoking session than 965.

I just smoked my first bowl of Dunhil 965, it was awesome! I bought 2 oz's from the last jar that my local tobacco shop has left and I plan on buying the rest of it tonight. Can anyone recomend another blend that might be simular to the 965?
Maybe Frog Morton ott.

Maybe Frog Morton ott.
Also, Squadron Leader - much better but a similar English blend.
Stokkebye Balkan Supreme - similar with a bit more latakia and reasonably priced, too.

Edit to add: after mentioning it, I decided it had been aging long enough to sample. Very fine cut as many of Pete's blends. On further inspection, it's more like Dunhill Standard Mixture Medium.

If you haven't already had the pleasure, try the SG Squadron Leader. Another English type blend I like better than 965 is Pease Key Largo.

Today I smoked some Samuel Gawith Cob Plug. This is some really interesting stuff, seeing as how it comes in a brick and you have to cut pieces off.

Nice pipe Jon!

The end of my work week, tired but a good tired, with a bowl of Pease Cairo out on the back porch at sunset. :thumbs:

34 GD degrees and raining. :angry: Nice weather if your a duck, not so nice for pipe smoking on the deck.

I had some good bowls this past week when it was 60-70* outdoors. Some Anniversary Kake, American Heritage, and Sunjammer from Hearth & Home and some of Al's Red Virginia plug. All very good.

34 GD degrees and raining. :angry: Nice weather if your a duck, not so nice for pipe smoking on the deck.

I had some good bowls this past week when it was 60-70* outdoors. Some Anniversary Kake, American Heritage, and Sunjammer from Hearth & Home and some of Al's Red Virginia plug. All very good.
Quack, quack! Sounds nasty, Alan! We've had a heat wave in April here in DE. Real nice in the evening for smoking. I'm glad you're starting to get a few nice days mixed in, though. I'm a Anny Kake fan, too. I'm impressed with the way it's been aging in the 6 months since I've jarred it. If only they didn't put that PG stuff on it.

Last night I broke out the last bit of Dunhill SM Med I jarred a while back and it was great! People seldom mention this blend from Murray but I like it as well as any I've tried. I got this tin for $15 bucks an eBay and it was well worth it. This is also one of the potential rips there due to the Orlik versions with the painted tins. They look the same until you read the label on the back. So sellers INFER they are the Murray blend.

McClelland's "Yenidje Highlander" from the Grand Oriental series in a Cellini Canadian. Still my favorite "straight" oriental. Marvelously smooth and complex with a slightly mouth-drying smoke. A tobacco to sit back with and focus on as you enjoy it.

- Tim

Had some Robert Lewis 123 Mixture in an Ardor Urano Fantasy. First time I tried this blend and I enjoyed it very much.

IMG_1156.jpg

Robert Lewis 123 Mixture in a Baglan Triple Dragon meer.

IMG_1140.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.