• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's in your pipe today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This afternoon was a cob of Boswell's Pennsylvania Dutch Treat over coffee in Harvard Square and it was a beautiful day for it. Cool enough that not many people were milling around, particularly given school is out and I imagine the dorms are mostly empty by this point. Warm enough that a Seattlite feels comfortable in jeans and an overshirt.

This evening, I'm looking forward to a small bowl Wally Frank briar with a tin of the "Seattle Pipe Club" Plum Pudding which smells heavy on the latakia. I can't wait to try it.

Yesterday....
I started off the day with my last bowl of Westminster, in a Karl Erik freehand.
Then I broke out a year old tin of Haddo's in the same pipe. I hated this tobacco a year ago. Now it's semi-dry and tastes much better. At one point the perique was so peppery, it had me drooling. I think I'm getting a taste for the Va's, but I still love the English blends.

I had a GLPease kind of day.

Edit to add picture..
gallery_1871_761_24778.jpg

Well just getting started but I just got done with part of a bowl of cascade berry from cascade cigar here in portland it was very good mild smoke with an awesome room note! Rp

Pipeworks and Wilke's Blend No 191 in a Grabow Riviera straight, at this very moment. When my counterpart came home, she immediately commented on how good it smelled from the front door....all the way downstairs!

I love this blend, it's my far my favourite smoke. More expensive than I'd like, I buy it in 16oz bags and store most of it in a large leather covered cedar cup and move conservative amounts to a pouch.

McCranies Red Ribbon
I hear that's some nice baccy, Dan. I smoked a bowl of one of my favorite but discontinued blends:
Torben Dansk Red Virginia #3 Superb in the Danish Reserve out on the back porch, serenaded by some intense birdsong, at sunset. :p

Steve

Pipeworks and Wilke sent me a little baggie of a Maple Cavendish with my last order and I'm going to try it out tonight. The funny thing is, I specifically avoided ordering it because of the maple and now that it's here...I have to admit, it smells pretty nice.

Yenidje Supreme with a generous helping of Syrian Latakia -best pseudo Balkan Sobranie I've tried!

University Flake last night. First bowl I've had in awhile. It's been mostly cigars lately.

I'm in the same boat Alan, I've really been heeding the cigar's call as of late. I might light up a bowl of Penzance tomorrow however. That's sounds delicious right about now.

Robert McConnell Pure Cuban Tobacco

Strange tobacco, almost looks like shag for cigarette rolling but a bit wider cut. To date the most "cigar flavored" tobacco I've tried. Its like grinding up a good habano and putting it in your pipe. Heavy Nicotine hit. Tasty and fast burning, something to reach for when you would like to have a Cuban cigar but would rather smoke your pipe. Recommended!

4 1/2 Stars out of 5!

Strange tobacco, almost looks like shag for cigarette rolling but a bit wider cut. To date the most "cigar flavored" tobacco I've tried. Its like grinding up a good habano and putting it in your pipe. Heavy Nicotine hit. Tasty and fast burning, something to reach for when you would like to have a Cuban cigar but would rather smoke your pipe. Recommended!

4 1/2 Stars out of 5!

That sounds like a must try. I just finished a bowl of G.L. Pease Union Square in a Stanwell 191 that was outstanding! This was the perfect pipe for this tobacco. Earlier today I smoked a half bowl of FVF in my brand new Radice Retro Poker. The pipe was an early Father's Day gift from my wife. I can already tell that this will be a great smoker. :love:

4 1/2 Stars out of 5!

That sounds like a must try. I just finished a bowl of G.L. Pease Union Square in a Stanwell 191 that was outstanding! This was the perfect pipe for this tobacco. Earlier today I smoked a half bowl of FVF in my brand new Radice Retro Poker. The pipe was an early Father's Day gift from my wife. I can already tell that this will be a great smoker. :love:
I've liked all the McConnell stuff I've tried so far so I'm game.

My order this week will also include Union Square. Been wanting to try it since it came out!

Today was Yenidje Supreme WITHOUT the latakia. :) I better order more of this the way I go thru it. :D

Steve

God I love that stuff! :thumbs:

Definitely one of my favourites. I packed up a bowl of Pipeworks and Wilke's Vermont Maple which sat surprisingly well with me when I first tried it but is biting me hard tonight. To be honest, I've had about thirty pounds of Sour Patch Kids today so maybe this is an unfair assessment on my part!

Today I smoked 2 bowls of McClelland 221b Honeydew in a Stanwell billiard. A nice flake with a hint of melon.

Balkan Sasieni. (the remake)

and yes, my2 year old in Avatar son is looking at workers in the tobacco field. 87+ acres this year!

My own version of Faux Balkan Sobranie - 5 parts Yenidje Supreme 1 part McConnell Latakia

Status
Not open for further replies.