• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

About 2 years ago one of my sons college roommates older brother (with I think at least 2 money guys) opened up a pizza shop in New Haven Ct. My first thoughts were “are you nuts” this is the pizza capital of New England; how the hell will you compete. Circumstances put both my adult children home this weekend so we all went to De Legna’s Pizza tonight.
If you’re looking for cheese and pepperoni or sausage and mushrooms you need to go to one of the more famous shops! This place had what they called “boutiques” pizza’s. Below are the three we got. My son did the ordering and as it turned out he ordered the Honey Pot and Clark Street first and when they came he ordered the Pechora because as he says “it’s more of a desert pizza than a entry”. I was impressed and have vowed to go back with me and the wife and sit at the bar and let the kids roommate, who is now bartending, wait on us.
73FD33F5-9491-4BE5-9B1D-93C1B10386D8.jpeg 76A80D62-D250-4771-96A3-1E93B27299E6.jpeg 23E76068-5374-44DC-BD5E-98B267CE7EF6.jpeg

I’m the designated Sunday breakfast cook at the house in Peters Creek. It seems like it’s been forever since we’ve had it, so I made eggs Benedict for us this past Sunday, with potatoes. The Wife® got my boring old home made Canadian bacon and I had mine Alaska style, with my smoked Copper River red salmon. I should go to the hospital to have my arteries scraped out...or maybe Roto-Rooter.

fa3f3af62173f1ac71da7547d610c63c.jpg

I’m the designated Sunday breakfast cook at the house in Peters Creek. It seems like it’s been forever since we’ve had it, so I made eggs Benedict for us this past Sunday, with potatoes. The Wife® got my boring old home made Canadian bacon and I had mine Alaska style, with my smoked Copper River red salmon. I should go to the hospital to have my arteries scraped out...or maybe Roto-Rooter.

fa3f3af62173f1ac71da7547d610c63c.jpg
That looks SO good!!

Forgot to take take photos but I made one of my super simple childhood favorites last night. Put a large can of cream of mushroom on the stove and tossed in a few nicely marbled pork tender loins on a slow simmer. Add a small baggie of chopped Hatch green chile, a healthy amount of garlic, and in 45 minutes you have a delicious meal even my wonderful wife can't screw up.

Last edited: