• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's your cigar routine?

Usually between 4 to 9 cigars a week depending on what my busy schedule will allow. Like Vicster it's always a given I have one or two on my lawn tractor for the two hour ride.

Aboard ship I try to limit myself to a cigar with a couple of cups o' joe every other night, though I sometimes smoke two days in a row. At home it depends, some days none or 1 after dinner with scotch, golf days 1 cigar no libation (I don't generally drink when I golf... blasphemy I know), playing cards 1 or 2 cigars with scotch usually, days when we entertain 2 to 3 cigars with or without libation. I try not to smoke every day for health reasons and to foster friendly relations with the missus.

I pack up some cigars every morning, usually 12-15. I smoke about 6, but always have some on hand to share.

Wow, I want your cigar budget!  I'd spend about a fifth on cigars and the rest on B.B.S...

Beer, Bourbon, and Scotch. :D  :thumbs:

I thought you were taking Tom out when you said BBS, lol.
I tell everybody I work my first hour every day to pay for my cigars:D

I relegate smoking time to after work and typically will have one cigar, but on nights when I get home after 9 PM, I usually don't have any.  On the weekends it's wide open.  If I'm golfing, I'll smoke 2-3, depending on the size, then 1-2 afterwards sitting around with my friends drinking beers.  When I'm not golf on the weekends I'll usually smoke 2-3/day.   When I'm on vacation, I typically pack about 10-12 cigars, but I usually like to find a local B&M and browse their selection.  Oftentimes I find some smokes I can't get a home.

One of my favorite times to smoke is during hunting season.  I will smoke one cigar early morning or in the afternoon while I'm in my stand.  Just seems very relaxing and peaceful to do so in that setting.....and I've yet to find a deer that seems bothered by the idea!

After the work day is over, I'll open up my humidor, look at my collection, rearrange it, pick 3 that I don't want to age anymore and 1 that I really want to smoke.  I'll get home, find out that I forgot we were suppose to go out that evening, return to work the next day, and put cigars back into my humidor.  I would say that is my routine about 90% of the time.

I love this topic!!

Thanks for making the thread. I love hearing about other people's humidors, cigars, cigar preferences and how much and often they have a cigar.

I usually smoke a couple cigars a year. I like to keep them for special occasions or when I really want one. (Which is all the time)

When I'm home and outside doing stuff I like a machine made cigar that is mild.

One of my favorite ways to have a cigar is on the hotel balcony at the San Louis in Galveston.

In the morning I like to go sit on the balcony and have a cup of coffee and a mild hand rolled cigar. At night I like to sit on the balcony with a nice hand rolled cigar at maybe medium strength. And enjoy the cigar and the view.

At home I like to smoke the machine made cigars when I have something to work on or am just sitting outside. Preferably if the weather is cool.

I've never smoked when I was in the truck though, with the windows down, does it leave a smoke smell in in the cab?

Juanote said:
Aboard ship I try to limit myself to a cigar with a couple of cups o' joe every other night, though I sometimes smoke two days in a row. At home it depends, some days none or 1 after dinner with scotch, golf days 1 cigar no libation (I don't generally drink when I golf... blasphemy I know), playing cards 1 or 2 cigars with scotch usually, days when we entertain 2 to 3 cigars with or without libation. I try not to smoke every day for health reasons and to foster friendly relations with the missus.
On the ship? Would it be too personal for me to ask you what kind of work you do?

USCG Licensed Master sailing to and fro,
Spreading cheer and goodwill anywhere I go.

Retirement has its benefits. Two a day, one in the morning on the back patio with a cup or two of joe and watch the birds come in for their morning feed and bath. One in the evening just before the sun sets and the heat is easing up.

[SIZE=10.5pt]I will typically smoke 2-4 a week. Most of the time it is either when my son is taking his morning nap or when I get home from work (swing shift so everyone is already in bed :)[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt])   [/SIZE]

chiefmd said:
Fishing? Where do you work?
There are a half a dozen ponds and streams within 10 min of my office. Spring time it's trout, summer it's bass, bluegill and an occasional pike. I carry a travel rod on the bike and stop if the spot looks good.

I try and hit the cigar bar once a week with a buddy of mine where I'll smoke 2 normally.   I try and smoke 1 or 2 a week while in my hot tub but that doesn't happen as much as I would like.

[member='Joe Poisson']   During the spring, summer and fall I like to go out on the deck 3-4 days each week in the early evening with a cigar and  a scotch or Irish whiskey. During the winter I go out in the afternoon to take advantage of the Colorado sunshine.  Of course anytime I can get together with friends or relatives a cigar is a must.

I cant smoke on the zero turn, I need both hands to steer. I smoke on Wednesday evenings as I enjoy a glass of wine with the wife, Friday nights I have 2 or 3 while hanging with my crony buddys, and Sunday morning I enjoy one with my coffee.  Of course, then there are a few incidental ones as well.  :whistling:

I can honestly say that in my 35+ years of smoking cigars...I've never had a consistent scheduled time or routine to smoke. Ever.

The Life of a Gypsy I guess...

I mostly smoke during the weekend but if I've had a rough day I'll find somewhere to have a cigar and decompress.  When it's warm I'll sit on the upper deck listening to music and stare up at the stars watching for satellites.  I have a satellite app called Heavens-Above that I use but I've gotten to where I don't bother with it much anymore.  My record is roughly 10 satellites, the ISS, and an iridium flare in one evening.

I'll drop down to the lower deck when it's cooler with a fire in the fire pit.  Once it gets too cold or too hot for my old bones I'll retire to the garage and usually put on a golf game.  If it's one of the majors I'll hit the garage anytime.

I usually manage to get a couple a week in and more if I can.  Saturday night I made to the deck at about 7 and finished up my second cigar at around 11.  That was a good night. :thumbs:

Wake up, coffee and a stogie, after almost every meal, I have a stogie too. LOL

broblues said:
I cant smoke on the zero turn, I need both hands to steer.
I considered a zero turn until I realized I wouldn't be able to smoke while mowing.

My routine has changed a little. I have two boys who are now ages 11 and 9. When they were younger, as other have said, I did not want them to see me smoke. I always waited until they were in bed. This summer when school was out they started staying up much later and cutting into my cigar time. That's when my wife said "Just go smoke your cigar. They know you smoke them." At first they were a little curious but not as much as I thought they would be. Now, around 9:30 on Wednesdays and Saturdays, its cigar time for dad. Usually out on the patio with a libation and watching TV through the glass door. Sometimes I can get a short one in on other days if I take the dog for a long walk.