• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's your cigar routine?

And once again Paul saves the day !

For my part I usually get home (never in the winter), chance clothes, go down the basement and select a cigar. You know he rest of the drill, cut/light/smoke-rince repeat after supper if Im around the back yard fire.

broblues said:
I cant smoke on the zero turn, I need both hands to steer. I smoke on Wednesday evenings as I enjoy a glass of wine with the wife, Friday nights I have 2 or 3 while hanging with my crony buddys, and Sunday morning I enjoy one with my coffee.  Of course, then there are a few incidental ones as well.  :whistling:
On the bright side. The zero turn cuts the grass so fast you can finish faster so you have more time for a cigar.

I was amazed how fast a zero turn can cut grass!

Tall Paul said:
I cant smoke on the zero turn, I need both hands to steer.
I considered a zero turn until I realized I wouldn't be able to smoke while mowing.

I saw the commercial for these. I think it would be fun to test drive one.

I smoke mostly in the evenings, out on the back deck. It puts a remarkably relaxed ending to a hectic day!

On weekends, or when I work from home I may grab a nice smoke mid-day.

I can't smoke at work and I don't enjoy smoking while working in the yard or on projects, so my options are limited

I gotta have a stogie, with my morning coffee.  A great way to start the day !!!

During the Spring and Summer it's usually one cigar while my son naps in the afternoon (I work from home) and another after dinner. As winter settles in, it may be one cigar a day only 2 or 3 times a week. Of course spending Sundays in my local watching football.

I try to stay at three cigars a week. Sometimes I have trouble, and try to not do two days in a row.  too bad, so sad it does happen. Usually when take the grandkids to the lake, I'll rule a rest period from tube riding long enough to smoke a short one.

Semi-retired, so usually around 4:30 or so I will head to the screen house gazebo I will have a beer, then switch to wine before dinner usually smoking an hour and 15/30 minutes.

Works in summer. Gets cold here, I start changing the routine.

When bitter cold, I will lounge in the hot tub (outdoors on a back deck, have a tray between hot tub and deck handrail. With beverages, cigar, lighter ashtray, etc.

A friend from the beach called one time, asked what I was doing, I said, smoking a cigar in the hot tub. She said I thought you had sleet and ice up there? I said we do, my glass of scotch froze to the handrail  a few minutes ago and I had to pop it loose to drink it and spilled a bit.

You start getting hot, just take more body parts out of the tub and you start cooling off fast.

My wife has been known to laugh at the tray full of stuff I have taken out to the hot tub in winter.

The only good thing about having to commute 67 miles each way every day to work is, being able to smoke on the way back home. It gives me plenty of time to unwind and have good sized cigar.
If and when I get to golf I definitely enjoy lighting one up. If I'm having a decent round I treat myself with two.:D

One of the best routines ever. Load the firebox, get it nice and stoked, and while its blizzard like conditions outside. Pour one nice tumbler of your best Islay scotch. Light up a favourite Cuban and put on the game. Sit, relax, enjoy, and watch the snow, fire or game. 

These days, I'm only putting down a cigar or two per week.  I work at night, and not usually home until after midnight, so for me, I'll usually spark one up in my office/smoking lounge in my house, for a late night smoke, usually with a beer or something good to drink. When the weather is nice, I'll pop out onto the patio for an afternoon smoke, along with some tunes from my iPod.

I find comfort in routines.

Every night after dinner. The routine involves pouring something to drink, grabbing a tablet for catching up with friends on word games, and going upstairs to man cave for one to two hours of sitting in front of the TV with my wife. I am messed up, in that I usually choose the cheapest cigar* in the humidor to smoke, unless it is a "special" occasion.

If it is warm, and a non-work day, the small cigar with a cup of coffee on the deck is a welcome addition to the routine. Likewise, about once a month there is a herf or local event, and then I bring five or six, plan on smoking three and sharing a few.

*Ex: CI on sales, bundles, etc. Usually in the $2-$4 range.

Usually end up outside on the patio, with a fire going (real or propane) and either the TV out there or my tablet.  After work, or on the weekends, hopefully with some sort of sporting event and libation to enjoy.  This has been one of those strange years where I haven't found as much time to partake though. 

[SIZE=12pt]Bump for this topic!  I love hearing peoples routines.  I generally try to fit in most of my smoking in the Spring/Summer/Fall as it gets cold and wet here in about Oct-March.  My wife is anti-smoke smell so for me I have to not only find alone time but also have to factor in shower time post smoke.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I usually don’t get to smoke to often during the winter unless I head to my local.  I have really been thinking of ways to have her partake (at least sit on the patio with me) and/or utilize my garage for the winter smoking months.  Hmmmmm the possibilities! [/SIZE]

I only smoke two per week. The best one is on saturday when I go to the cigar shop. I grab something to read and a cup of coffee. I sometimes bring a stick or three from home (always willing to share) and each week I will replenish my favorites and add a new one to try usually on the recommmendation of a fellow smoker there.

I have only recently begun smoking cigars regularly. I started going to the Dominican Republic quite a bit (8 to 10 times a year) friends were making request. Up until then I would only smoke one or two cigars a year. I said that has to be something to this habit/hobby that I am missing.

I sat with an older Dominican Man and an ex pat on the beach and enjoyed a La Aurora 107. Between the good conversation, the cold beer and the great smoke I was hooked and I now look forward to it as one of the highlights of my weekend. Relaxing beyond belief.

In the winter months I'm in hell, I work 3am to noon and if there is a forecast of snow/ice etc I work midnight to noon.  So lately I've taken to about a 2am cigar and coffee while out checking on all my streets.  Never really thought I would enjoy a cigar that way but it seems to work out.
Usually I love to hang with a friend or two at the local B&M and just smoke and talk, when weather is nice we do the same on my front patio, I call it my 6 yards of heaven.  I poured it so thick you could park a car on it.

I don't go more than 5 cigars a week. Cohiba and Monte Cristo are my favorites.