• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Whats your favorite whiskey

I've always preferred whiskey straight, usually Bushmills, but last year the Irish pub we went to for St. Paddy's was practically giving away Jameson. So I tried that with Coke and thought it was pretty damn good.

To mix with cola?...so middle shelf because your mixing...Knob/Bakers/Beam Black...interestingly enough they are all made by same company....RC cola is my favorite cola for this as well if you can get it...cheers

I like Makers Mark or Elijah Craig, but mixed with Coke pretty much anything will suffice.

Jim Beam is the only whisk(e)y I mix with Coke. Anything cheaper and I don't like the taste nearly as much; anything better and I'd rather drink it neat! I do love Beam + Coke, though...I use a pint glass with 1/3 Beam and 2/3 Coke.

If it's Bourbon then Knob Creek or Basil Haydens....but usually if it goes with a cigar it's got to be a single malt...Lagavulin 17 or Balvenie Double Wood....

If it's Bourbon then Knob Creek or Basil Haydens....but usually if it goes with a cigar it's got to be a single malt...Lagavulin 17 or Balvenie Double Wood....

Sorry for the threadjack but You just reminded me of how good an old fashion is when made with knob creek.

You mix Balvenie with coke?!?!... or any single malt for that matter.

Hmmm...

Beam, Crown, or Jack.
Probably in that order. Other Bourbon's (not including the Canadian Whiskey or Tennessee Whiskey) I enjoy with an ice cube. I will drink Jack by itself though. I don't like to mix the better stuff w/ anything but I also don't like to mask the bad stuff with coke either. Guess it just depends on my mood.

To mix with cola...it would be Jack Daniels hands down...either Coke Classic or Coke Zero. Not a fan of mixing with Diet Coke. Segrams 7 for me is ideal for 7-Up or Sprite. I guess that is why they call it a 7 and 7...

Seagrams 7
Seagrams VO
Canadian Club
Canadian Mist
Crown Royal
R&R if I'm broke

Basically any of them. If it's being mixed with cola then it's MUCH less important what the quality is like, IMO.

jabba said:
go with the CROWN! (Crown Royal)
[snapback]299629[/snapback]​

Have to second the Crown and Coke.

First off, I'd like to thank you guys for supporting THE biggest employer in the town where I live! Yes, that's right, every bottle of Crown Royal that goes State-side comes from a bottling plant about a mile from where I sit right now!!!

As a second point, it's great whiskey, but almost bordering blasphemey to mix it with anything stronger than water (in it's liquid or solid form)!! :p

I half agree with you on this one...

Regular crown I will mix with coke, pepsi (preferred), or water (liquid state). If it is something better than regular (Reserve, Cask 16, XR), I would only consider mixing with water (in it's solid state), and only 1 or 2 cubes. I actually prefer my crown nice and clean :D

Sorry for the threadjack but You just reminded me of how good an old fashion is when made with knob creek.

You mix Balvenie with coke?!?!... or any single malt for that matter.

Hmmm...

Spanish...no no no...I rarely mix my Bourbon with anything either...usually I drink them all neat...but the wife and mother are Bourbon and Diet drinkers so when we are all together I do mix BOURBON... to put anything in a Single Malt as a Scottsman is blasphemy!!! :0 ;)

I had a Bartender at an exclusive DC all mens golf club (after I ordered Glenfiddich 18 neat) he brought out the Scotch in a martini shaker full of ice and before I could stop him poured the whole glass in the tumbler to my horror and shook it and then strained poured it into my glass... I was too nice to tell him to take it back with my host and his other guests watching in amusement/horror.... worst glass of scotch EVER..lol