• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's your latest project?

Putting the final touches on the landscaping
Finish painting the house (dining room, 1st floor bath, family room)
Redo my basement (new carpet, paint, ceiling, lights, big screen, furniture, gas fireplace)
And get married

once I fill the freezer(s) up, I'll have to send out some special purpose 'Alaskan' bombs

Swissy

My freezer has plenty of empty space and I am a stones throw away from you ;)
OMG Copper River Salmon ........tell me it just doesn't jump into the boat for ya

emodx said:
I been halibut fishing before... Hooked one 150 pounds plus.
[snapback]188848[/snapback]​

Believe it or not, in all the years i've been out fishing, i have NEVER brought in a 100# plus halibut! Everyone in my fmily has but me.. it's sorta the curse in our house! that and the women always catch the biggest... :whistling: However, truth be told, the 23-50# halibut are by far the best- I bet if I sat you down and served you a 25# fish piece, and a 125# piece you could tell me which is which. the smaler ones are soooooooo much tastier, and just more 'fresh'. The big ones are the old ones after all...

bfreebern said:
Emo, you don't want Jim to bomb you! Move along, there is nothing good that Swissy sends (waves hand).

Don't worry, there'll be enough for another round Brandon...! I'll see about more Smoked Porter as well! :0

benjiev said:
Swissy

My freezer has plenty of empty space and I am a stones throw away from you ;)
OMG Copper River Salmon ........tell me it just doesn't jump into the boat for ya
[snapback]188883[/snapback]​
Hehehehe.. no- but I scoop them out of the river with a net! no poles, lines or lures- a net that's about 3 feet across.. here's a pic
Dippin' on the Copper
Catchin' on the Copper

Almost time for my annual pilgrimage to the river.... almost out of smoked salmon!

bfreebern said:
That's fishing right there!
[snapback]188923[/snapback]​

well, no not really! Fly fishing is real fishing- the dip netting is FREEZER FILLING! Woohoo... I can get 30 of these suckers, and that's a whole lotta salmon. Fun stops when you're done catching and you start cleaning... :laugh:

I'll try to get some better pics this year... nothing like seeing 4 salmon in the net at the same time, or better yet a King salmon (these are mostly Reds) that is so big it fits more OUT of the net than it does IN! That was fun last year... got a 45# king in the net and it damn near won the fight... :angry:

Yeah, it was kinda tongue in cheek. But who the hell cares, as long as you have fun and you stock up.

bfreebern said:
12:57 PM]Yeah, it was kinda tongue in cheek. But who the hell cares, as long as you have fun and you stock up.
[snapback]189006[/snapback]​

True.. so true. Sad part is this 'fishing' is a heck of a lot harder than any rod/reel type fishing! That river is huge and FAST. It would remind anyone of the Mississippi in size, or the like. We lose people every year on it! And add a 12# fish (on average - try with 4 in!) in the net fighting to get out, and the drag of the water on the net with fish in... it's sore muscles time after this day of fishing! And, that's not all. This is in a canyon- you have to hike down to it, which means a hike UP with a packpack full of fish! Not many people go here, for this reason. Plus you cannot drive a car to it, so even less people go - lazy bastids! but better for me... I go here even when the fish are not running since it's so scenic. Black bears can be a problem tho...

Anyways, back to your regularly scheduled thread- just got word from the misses the bathroom will NOT be a 'better homes and gardens' remodel... just a plain ol' tub and vanity. YEA!!!!!!!! Easier for me and more time for fishin'- leaving Saturday for a couple...

PS... Hmm, Brandon- stock up for WHAT? ;)

Replacing the bumper and right rear bumper cover on my truck.

Got rear ended on Friday the 13th by an uninsured driver.

My deductable is $500. There is only $750.00 damage according to the insurance company.
I can get the parts from a friend who's brothers wifes sister has a cousin that knows a guy who'sbrother worksfor a body panel warehouse all for about $200.00. And I'm handy enough with the compressor and the gravity feed gun to do the paint myself.

Painting the gutters to start with.....God I hate painting. Planted 4 trees already, some grass and the garden is in for this year. Late summer will bring that last floor that has to be redone, our bedroom.

bfreebern said:
Swissy said:
PS... Hmm, Brandon- stock up for WHAT? ;)
[snapback]189007[/snapback]​

To eat......DUH!
[snapback]189013[/snapback]​

Ohh, ok... thought maybe you were dropping a hint or soemthing! :laugh: Guess I'll have to be careful and only get what I need for myself then :whistling:

My project for this summer! Finally got the permits, the county sure takes it's sweet a** time! The hole is dug and the foundation goes in this week. Bad news is my cigar budget is nil for the rest of the summer :(

prow4.jpg

That looks great! Good luck on this project and enjoy!

I'll have to see if I can find a link to a pic of the home we're going to build.

Swissy said:
bfreebern said:
That's fishing right there!
[snapback]188923[/snapback]​

well, no not really! Fly fishing is real fishing- the dip netting is FREEZER FILLING! Woohoo... I can get 30 of these suckers, and that's a whole lotta salmon. Fun stops when you're done catching and you start cleaning... :laugh:

I'll try to get some better pics this year... nothing like seeing 4 salmon in the net at the same time, or better yet a King salmon (these are mostly Reds) that is so big it fits more OUT of the net than it does IN! That was fun last year... got a 45# king in the net and it damn near won the fight... :angry:
[snapback]189003[/snapback]​
I am sure you are right about the Halibut. When my ship was in Alaska, we went jiggin for Halibut. An absolute slaughter! We caught a boat load of halibut in the 30-40 pound range. Awsome! I am sure I can work something out for some Salmon sent my way. Frozen or smoked, your choice. And a 6 pack of the smoked porter, can you point me in the right direction to get some online.

Emo

emodx said:
I am sure you are right about the Halibut. When my ship was in Alaska, we went jiggin for Halibut. An absolute slaughter! We caught a boat load of halibut in the 30-40 pound range. Awsome! I am sure I can work something out for some Salmon sent my way. Frozen or smoked, your choice. And a 6 pack of the smoked porter, can you point me in the right direction to get some online.

Emo
[snapback]189072[/snapback]​

Hey Emo,
yeah, the bigger fish are 'tougher'... almost stringy at times. But they do live up to 25+ years old they say! The little guys are much MUCH tastier...

As far as the smoked porter goes... sad news. The one I like the best (and buy CASES of...) is a season beer put out by Alaska Brewing only in the late fall/holiday season time. I usually try to buy 5-6 cases to last the year, but it never goes past...um.. about now!! Recent stock inventory reveals I'm on my last case... Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :(

There is another put out by Stone Brewing that I have had, and it is good... I just like the Alaskan better! As far as where to get it... can't help you there- I get it local and I've never looked online before. but ya never know what you can find...

As far as the fresh/frozen salmon goes... well, check yer PM's!

searching for a new house, then the projects will be abundant i am sure.

Nothing at home, it's pretty well tied up for thsi summer already. But, I will be replacing a 400 amp electrical service at the club I belong. Taking out a bunch of old outdated equipment and putting in a new breaker box and some new switching for the ballpark. Not going to be an easy task since we have to do it AND keep the power on for the night ball games.

I needed a cool environment to keep my humies in (don't we all) and I appropriated a small built-in cabinet in my basement. The back wall is the cement foundation. The temp in it has been a steady 60 degrees so far.
Today I cleaned it out and built a shelf in it for the humidors with some storage space below for a jug of distilled water and other accessories.
Celebrated its completion with a Padron 1926.
Getting dizzy and sweaty as I type this. :rolleyes: