• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's your latest project?

I ordered the hot tub today, cement slab will be poured next Wednesday. I have to run the electric out to the slab this weekend and move all the river rock and some grass where that is going.

After we pour the slab we have to wait almost two weeks for it to cure before we can seal it and place the tub.

How bad is cigar ash for the ph of spa water?

Finally getting started. Hopefully it won't be too long before I'm smoking a fine stogie on the deck! Thats my lovely wife inspecting the work so far.

first%20step.jpg

Putting in a sidewalk to the shop. The house came with a stand-alone barn shaped building in the backyard that was 12x16. About 2 years ago I added another building exactly like it on the front end. Now I have a barn that is 12x32. I'm working on a sidewalk from the side porch clear out to the shop.

The "bricks" are re-used from another project. Last year, during one of the hurricanes, a branch fell and damaged the other building in the backyard (one of those aluminum sheds). I built a new shed (wood floor) and when I tore down the old one (hooked a chain around it and the other end on the tractor...son took off in 5th gear...WaaaaHooo!) I ended up with 80+ concrete bricks. Might as well reuse them for something...

The sidewalk looks like it goes "nowhere"...the shop is off to the left in this picture and I'll build a bridge out of wood over to it.

Below is a picture of me almost done...
standard.jpg

I spent the day with the inlaws out at our land clearing brush and dead trees and mowing the area that's just grass. We have 8 more large trees to cut down, plus a whole bunch more brush that I'd like to take down so we can start to plan where the house is going to sit.

jgohlke said:
Putting in a sidewalk to the shop.  The house came with a stand-alone barn shaped building in the backyard that was 12x16.  About 2 years ago I added another building exactly like it on the front end.  Now I have a barn that is 12x32.  I'm working on a sidewalk from the side porch clear out to the shop. 

The "bricks" are re-used from another project.  Last year, during one of the hurricanes, a branch fell and damaged the other building in the backyard (one of those aluminum sheds).  I built a new shed (wood floor) and when I tore down the old one (hooked a chain around it and the other end on the tractor...son took off in 5th gear...WaaaaHooo!) I ended up with 80+ concrete bricks.  Might as well reuse them for something...

The sidewalk looks like it goes "nowhere"...the shop is off to the left in this picture and I'll build a bridge out of wood over to it.

Below is a picture of me almost done...
standard.jpg

[snapback]191179[/snapback]​

Lookin' good Joe :thumbs:

I take it the foot is back up to speed ;) I don't see any crutches in the photo :p

When ya get done, ya wanna help me rebuild my stone walls? :laugh:

I can pay you in ceegars :thumbs:

Sounds good Bill! You got a basement or someplace for me to crash? I'm pretty handy on a computer and I've owned a couple of Fiats too so I know my way around a garage! Fiat, Jag...they are pretty much the same.... :whistling:

The foot is doing much better (it's the right one). Still occasionally cranky, but way better than it used to be. I've taken to wearing work boots (like you see in the photo) pretty much everywhere I go (except work - I work in an office) for the ankle support and general protection. A week ago Sunday, my wife and I went out in the boat. I do the car/trailer part, she does the boat part. After we get the boat launched and I part the truck/trailer, I walk down the dock to get on board. She had left her purse in the truck, so I'm walking down to the water dressed in a bathing suit, old t-shirt, work boots and carrying a purse...my wife looked at me and said "That's my man!" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Cheers,
Joe

loanshark said:
Big summer project!!!!! Building a bar in the basement and installing a bathroom in the basement!!!! I just bought a new (well old it was built in 1919) house. It has a bitching finished basement. Put my grandfather’s pool table (circa 1925) down there and have a roulette and craps table. The only thing missing is my BAR!!!! I ordered the plans last Monday and got them yesterday. I already mounted my barest hummie in the wall behind and can’t wait to start work on the bar. I am building a keg box with tap. I am also installing a bathroom in the basement. I thought with the drinking going on in the new bar it was unfair to make everyone walk up stairs. I am getting a sani flow up flush toilet because the basement is below the sewer pipe. Should be fun!!!! I can not wait for it to be done. And I will give an open invite to any CPers that want to visit north Jersey and have a drink and stick. :cool: :thumbs: :D
[snapback]188851[/snapback]​

Going to have to take you up on that offer someday.

My big project is finishing the 500 square foot addition that I'm putting on. Doing almost all the work myself. Had a mason help with the block work. This past weekend I finished conecting the duck work and put most of the waste line in. I hope to have all the rough work done by the end of June. :whistling:

ooohhhh, Nice poured walls. I did that for 8 years right out of high school.

jacknife said:
making progress!

2.jpg

[snapback]192572[/snapback]​
progressing nicely. looks like it is going to be a very nice home when competed. is that a golf course i see across the street? Take care, and good luck!

Hey Freebern, that's one interesting sex toy if you ask me :laugh: . Seriously, are you building it from a kit?

Update: painting of built-in hutch just about done. One more coat and I can start emptying boxes :thumbs:

:cool:

Yep, from a kit. It won't have the curve slide on it. It's a kit w/ the instructions and bolts/screws/nuts, etc. I had to buy the wood and cut it down to specs. It will be an interesting project. I made sure to buy Heavy Duty swing holders, just in case I want to get on it :laugh:

You know your going to get on it :laugh:

One of my neighbors in my last neighborhood built one of those things in his backyard and tied a zip line from it to the deck. Boy, did we have fun with that one at parties :laugh:

:cool:

bfreebern said:
This is my latest project, I started it last night:

large_swingset_shot.jpg

[snapback]192640[/snapback]​
my cousin bought this same set a few weeks back. he is doing the ground prep now, i will let you know how frustrated he is getting in the coming weeks while he begins aasembly. :whistling: Good luck brandon, should be fun.

This was from last year but I plan on doing more stone wall work this summer:

Aug23067.jpg

Here a couple pictures of my latest project. I just have to finish staining and I'll be done.

resizedplayset24is.jpg

resizedplayset13nj.jpg