• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's Your Latest Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cohiba - Exquisitos Pack Of 5
Cohiba - Siglo 2 Pack Of 5
Fonseca - Cadetes (kdt 25)
Montecristo - No.2 Pack Of 3
Partagas - Serie P No. 2 Box Of 10

I made my first haul in a while--brought home
-1 Rocky Patel Spring Collection 2009 Robusto
-1 Rocky Patel Autumn Collection 2008 Toro (freebie)
-1 Rocky Patel TAA Signature Toro
-1 Rocky Patel Renaissance Robusto
-1 La Gloria Cubana Artesanos de Miami Artesanistos
-1 Hoyo de Monterrey Hoyo de Tradición Epicture

I purchased a box of Man O War from CI and i must say i think they are great. Also Picked a Rocky Patel sampler.Not crazy about vintage 90 or 92 but the sungrown "sixty" are freakin awesome. IMHO Bill S

OK...So my very first box purchases showed up today. Ed (SPIVY) had recommended my starting with Noella's when I asked for his input on Tat's. So of course I took his advice and ordered a box of Noella's after trying a few of them from a local B&M. However...it appears that something went terribly wrong with my order. The Noella's that I received must be rejects or something...because they all have some black band on them. :whistling:
I also grabbed a box of Arganese ML3 Robusto's. All in all I think it turned out to be a decent 1st box purchase. It certainly made my day. :thumbs: This vendor doesn't even sell Noella Reserva's

1stTats.jpg

OK...So my very first box purchases showed up today. Ed (SPIVY) had recommended my starting with Noella's when I asked for his input on Tat's. So of course I took his advice and ordered a box of Noella's after trying a few of them from a local B&M. However...it appears that something went terribly wrong with my order. The Noella's that I received must be rejects or something...because they all have some black band on them. :whistling:
I also grabbed a box of Arganese ML3 Robusto's. All in all I think it turned out to be a decent 1st box purchase. It certainly made my day. :thumbs: This vendor doesn't even sell Noella Reserva's

1stTats.jpg

I just wanted to post an update that I've contacted FS and told them about my receiving Noella Reservas on my latest order. I suggested checking the warehouse to see what's actually in inventory, so that they could at least advertise a special While They Last on the website or something. I wasn't able to find a price difference between the regular and the Reserva Noellas anywhere online, as I was willing to make up the difference in cost (I had asked Keystone Raider if he could get me a box). The person I spoke to on the phone didn't know either and told me to enjoy the smokes. :thumbs:

1stTats.jpg

I just wanted to post an update that I've contacted FS and told them about my receiving Noella Reservas on my latest order. I suggested checking the warehouse to see what's actually in inventory, so that they could at least advertise a special While They Last on the website or something. I wasn't able to find a price difference between the regular and the Reserva Noellas anywhere online, as I was willing to make up the difference in cost (I had asked Keystone Raider if he could get me a box). The person I spoke to on the phone didn't know either and told me to enjoy the smokes. :thumbs:

Keep them. They are even better.

I had every intention of keeping them :laugh: I just wanted my contacting the vendor about the mistake on the table, for full disclosure to the rest of the board.

I had every intention of keeping them :laugh: I just wanted my contacting the vendor about the mistake on the table, for full disclosure to the rest of the board.

Right on. You do have a problem now. Once you start with the better cigars you will never like everyday stuff.

Right on. You do have a problem now. Once you start with the better cigars you will never like everyday stuff.

If that's not the gospel I don't know what is . . . :cool:

Just wait until you meet Pete. He gave me a prototype La Veritae to smoke, and I still remember it.

You know what though...I bought the Noellas as a reasonable priced goto cigar. Now I've got a box of better cigars that I won't reach for as often, because I know the difficulty in getting more. So it's really gonna cost me the price of another box of Noellas to stick with my original plan. :laugh:

You know what though...I bought the Noellas as a reasonable priced goto cigar. Now I've got a box of better cigars that I won't reach for as often, because I know the difficulty in getting more. So it's really gonna cost me the price of another box of Noellas to stick with my original plan. :laugh:

Haha. These are meant to be smoked as well.

At roughly $8 a pop, I don't see how these can be a reasonably priced "go to" cigar, but that's just me. Don't get me wrong, I love 'em too, as I do most all Tat's, but I don't think the price of any of Pete's smokes is very reasonable.

For "go to," my personal thoughts are along the Padron x000 series. You can also buy a crapload of CC's for much less.

Haha. These are meant to be smoked as well.

Yeah...because of this place, I've got a bunch of sticks that are meant to be smoked now. :laugh: It's funny because I always throw a handful of different sticks in my 15 count cigar caddy whenever I head out to herf, because I don't know what I'll be in the mood to smoke later in the day. The regulars get a kick out of just seeing what I've brought with me. Of course a few of those cigars always end up being handed to them to smoke.

La Flor Dominicana Corona Habano Box. I think they made 300 boxes.

Litto used Dominican filler and binder from his farm in La Canela. The wrapper leaf is the same he used on his La Flor Dominicana Salomon.

I will be in Chicago this weekend at Jack Swarts to buy the Coronado Maduro, the only place in the Us that has them.

At roughly $8 a pop, I don't see how these can be a reasonably priced "go to" cigar, but that's just me. Don't get me wrong, I love 'em too, as I do most all Tat's, but I don't think the price of any of Pete's smokes is very reasonable.

For "go to," my personal thoughts are along the Padron x000 series. You can also buy a crapload of CC's for much less.
Box pricing gets them down in the lower $6 range or less. So it's more meant as my goto better cigar. I need to be here another month before I can post box split desires on the open board. But it's all about doing the work to find the cigars you want to smoke at a price that allows you to be able to smoke them. For me...that $2-$3 less per stick makes all the difference in the world.

Box pricing gets them down in the lower $6 range or less. So it's more meant as my goto better cigar. I need to be here another month before I can post box split desires on the open board. But it's all about doing the work to find the cigars you want to smoke at a price that allows you to be able to smoke them. For me...that $2-$3 less per stick makes all the difference in the world.

If you've found them for $150/box shipped, count me in on a purchase. I haven't seen them for less than $180 before shipping.

Well said. What is a go to smoke in price differs for all of us. We are all subject to 2 differing factors. 1) Income and 2) Ability to find great deals on cigars. I suppose a third would be taste, which would be tandemount to what we prefer to smoke regardless of price (for example my palate dislikes Rocky, so even if they were free I would give them away before I would smoke them).

Not to digress on the subject.

Litto also released a small run of Small Batch 1's from 06 with the Salamon wrappers which I am gettintg while in Chicago. :thumbs:

Thanks Ed...

I just took a walk down to the river with a Noella I had picked up from a B&M. It wasn't the same cigar I remembered before smoking my 1st Reserva last night. :laugh:

Well said. What is a go to smoke in price differs for all of us. We are all subject to 2 differing factors. 1) Income and 2) Ability to find great deals on cigars. I suppose a third would be taste, which would be tandemount to what we prefer to smoke regardless of price (for example my palate dislikes Rocky, so even if they were free I would give them away before I would smoke them).

Not to digress on the subject.

Litto also released a small run of Small Batch 1's from 06 with the Salamon wrappers which I am gettintg while in Chicago. :thumbs:

I agree too with the reasonably priced better go to cigar. My main comment is just that it's unfortunate that Tatuaje really doesn't offer much below the $200/box price point.

Status
Not open for further replies.