• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's your rate?

Remember brothers, closing cost can and are negotiable. If you are not satisfied with the cost, shop around.

Rich

I am actually looking as we speak at selling my town home and buying a single family. I was quoted 5.00 today on a 30yr fixed. i was hoping for lower as i heard they would be in the 4s. I have damn good credit so I am wondering the same thing. Should I be able to get lower?

Damon

I was told if I pay a point(1% of loan) then they will take .25 off the interest rate.

I have heard of paying a loan down before. I guess you have to figure would the 1% up front offset over the live of the loan in savings. What is killing my is these closing costs they showed me. I dont remember it being this bad last time as far as closing costs.

Good point.

My house is provided by my employer. That way I am always at work :( I don't get any retirement (not that it would matter these days).

For my retirement home, I have my eye on a bridge down the road. That is if my my plan for a freak baler or chainsaw accident doesn't work out first ???

Closed last May at 5.9% for a 30 year fixed. Just locked in my refinancing the other day at 4.85% no closing costs. Not a bad reduction in less than a year.

I'm currently at 5.625 but have thought about refinancing. Current rates are 5.0% for a 30 year and 4.85% for a 15 year. I'd like to save a point and am waiting until it goes down a bit further.