• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

where do you smoke in the cold months?

Winter smokes are out on the deck for me. The only thing I do is shift to the smaller smokes, like a Padron Principe or a 26 #35.

Art

I set up my patio set on one side of the garage. I have a propane heater that keeps me and my friends nice and warm. This spring I am mounting a tv in there so it will be even better next winter.

I smoke right in my living room. I picked up a commercial ozone generator. I'll run it on low while smoking at times or sometimes not, and just run it at a higher output for an hour after smoking. Ozone is the only thing that will destroy the odor. I also use it to clear the air in my car. Run an extension out the the car, crack the windows and turn it on at the highest setting for whatever time I feel necessary. Where ever I use it...the result is the space smells like it was run through a washing machine. Detail shops offer ozone treatment for vehicles at an average $40 fee.
I find it difficult to justify buying air fresheners for the home or car now. :laugh:

I just suck it up when it gets cold. I am good with the tabletop propane heater till about 10f or so, after that I am either in the hot tub or in the house complaining about not being outside smoking :)

Don

I light a fire in the wood stove in the sunroom (which is my man cave), sit on the leather couch and enjoy a smoke inside. The only reason I can get away with this is because Kim smokes cigars too. :love:

I typically don't smoke when it's cold here because when it's cold out it's COLD! :laugh:

I have take a couple to my weekly poker league game but it's just not the same as sitting outside on my patio with a nice drink or out on the golf course.

Spring can't come soon enough for me.

Right now it is the porch outside regardless of the temperature. When our new house is finished, I will have an office down stairs(man room) with a smoke eater installed. It is enough for a room four time its size, so I will feel comfortable smoking, and not subjecting the family to it. It will also be isolated from our central air, so the smoke cannot be pushed anywhere else in the home.

Bill

I smoke in the garage with a space heater and a stack of motorcycle mags. Works pretty good. Every once in a while if it is real cold and dry, a stick will split on me (bummer).

I grab the ole comforter and head outside in the chair or the lawn set thats like a 3 person swing. I roll up and get my good ole trusty smoking buddy Patches so that he is warm as well. Even if its 20 below, I still go out.

When I have to crank up the tractor with the snow thrower on it I'll fire up a corona (usually a Bolivar Fuerte) while I clear the drive. I have to finish it before I shovel the walk or it would kill me.

I can't smoke if it's below 45-50 F. Last two times I tried, I took a chair out on my patio and my hands froze stiff.

I've lit a few in the car while driving, but I really should stop doing that. And I really should clean the car, too.

In my mind. :laugh:

Ever since PA enacted the smoking ban, it's been a little hard to find cigar friendly places in the winter. There's a few bars, plus Raod Warior (one of our less garrulous members) has a cigar shop that I hang out at.

I'm with SmokeSignal, I have a 10x8 shed that's wired with power. I have a light, space heater and it's close enough to pick up the WiFi signal.

In my Garage. Once per week. I have my little TV out there. A kero heater and I'll plug in my laptop.

but I cannot wait to get back out on the deck.....smoking alone in a cold garage is just friggin depressing sometimes..

In my Garage. Once per week. I have my little TV out there. A kero heater and I'll plug in my laptop.

but I cannot wait to get back out on the deck.....smoking alone in a cold garage is just friggin depressing sometimes..

Where in Upstate, NY are you? If you're near Rochester, the barn is open! ;)

Where in Upstate, NY are you? If you're near Rochester, the barn is open! ;)

Moki,
I'm in Albany area. But I'm very familair with Rochacha as Iworked there for 5 years. I lived in Brighton not far from "Beers of the World" off Winton Road. If I ever have to go back out there again for business I'd look you up for sure.

I smoke at CigarMan Andy's place. He's just a mile away, PLUS he smokes like a chimney, so whenever I feel like smoking, he's already sitting on his recliner smoking his 5th cigar.