• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

where should I look for Forbidden-X's

$116CA? Where did you find them for that little? :p (That's $51US a stick if you remove the taxes and convert to US$).

I know they are the "same", but are you asking for the FFFX black labels (4 pack boxes) or the Opus 22's?

Thank you all so much. I'm drooling over the 22 cigar set though. Maby some day. You have all provided me with multiple resources. Thanks so very much. Looks like next week they will be in the budget.

I have A nice collection of Opus-X but I've never been able to aquire the ilusive forbidden-X. I'm only looking for 2 to 4 but have never been so lucky. Any sugestions where to begin my search? Google only brings sites that say "Out of stock"

Drop a PM to Napa_Smokes -- I think he has a few of these Forbidden X cigars that he'd trade to you.

Keep in mind Newb, it just a fuggin' cigar. You get yourself too wound up about it and you'll just be disapointed. (How Calvinist, eh?)

Doc.

If that isn't the truth... A while back I was all worked up thinking it was some kind of "special" Opus X (after all it's "Forbidden"!) Now after having smoked several of them I think I can honestly say...

Mmmehhhhh....

I think they are good, but nowhere near the price. Definitely worth a try though.

And to think back a year ago my B&M had these. Man I wish i had picked them up back then. They had a ton of em too :(

Keep in mind Newb, it just a fuggin' cigar. You get yourself too wound up about it and you'll just be disapointed. (How Calvinist, eh?)

Doc.

If that isn't the truth... A while back I was all worked up thinking it was some kind of "special" Opus X (after all it's "Forbidden"!) Now after having smoked several of them I think I can honestly say...

Mmmehhhhh....

These 2 old fuggers speak the truth.

Doc.

I'm pretty sure Wilkey wrote some time back about the role that expectation play in the enjoyment of a cigar. I think I read it about a year ago. In brief, one is more likely to enjoy a middle of the road cigar for which he held no expectations than he would a top shelf cigar for which he had very high expectations.

I can't track it down right now, but it was definitely a good read.

Doc.

I'm pretty sure Wilkey wrote some time back about the role that expectation play in the enjoyment of a cigar. I think I read it about a year ago. In brief, one is more likely to enjoy a middle of the road cigar for which he held no expectations than he would a top shelf cigar for which he had very high expectations.

You want to read two sentences or a damn novella?

Doc.

I don't chase the HTF Fuente stuff like I used to. The high end Opus stuff is interesting but perhaps not worth the chase and resulting tariff. Perhaps. Maybe this quote applies:

"...sometimes a Cigar is just a Cigar...."
-- Sigmund Freud

Good luck on the hunt - B.B.S.

Doc.

This might be what you are thinking about, it is a great read nonetheless.
Wilkey Linky

CI has these and they sent around an email with a 10% off coupon for everything online today. If you didn't get the email and need the code then let me know :thumbs:

Might have been me, actually:

http://www.vitolas.net/displayimage.php?pos=-1037

Casa Fuente in Vegas is your best bet. Unfortunately they don't do internet sells, and they are way over-priced. Other than that, they show up occassionally in Fuente special release sets, etc.

I was in Vegas for the Big Smoke last year but never made it to Casa just becuase I knew EVERYONE was going there and I didn't want to get mobbed. I am thinking of taking a trip out to Vegas in '09 with some extra funds and try to get a few of my fantasy smokes from Casa.

I thought Holt's had them in their catalog. A box of 4 were like $150.

Holts still has them and the opus 22 set.

samplers_extraspecialres_big.jpg

samplers_opus22_big.jpg

Really....I was thinking about going down to Mahagony (the cigar bar above Holts store in downtown philly) for a Christmas eve or New Year's eve smoke. I'll see what Holt's has in stock. Holts also has a company store in this area too. A lot grab bag type deals there.

The B&M by my house has 3 Forbidden X Robusto's that 50 if anyone wants let me know, I can swing up there and pick one up.