• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Where to buy and why

CBoukal

Impeached Staff Member
I tried the search and buy cigar returned a ton of stuff but not what I was looking for. Where do you guys get most of your smokes? I tried jr cigar, thompsons and famous smokes and so far I like famous smokes the best. I saw that uptown isy has a site and I am all for supporting CP people for sure but everything was by the case and I am still more trial and error for that. So I guess I would love to find out who you guys go to for a good variety at a great price besides B&M of course

Isy (Uptown) is the man. I also buy alot from Jim ([member='Keystone_raider']). Outside of that I check Cigars International, Cigar Bid, Atlantic, Tabacco Grove.

Ive read too many bad things about famous. I stick to Cigar.com and CI depending on current deals.

CI reminds me of Wal-Mart. They have a lot of stuff, and their prices seem pretty good. However, when you get the stuff home, a lot of time it doesn't work the way you thought it should. I'm not saying I'll never, ever buy from CI again, but I've had too many bad experiences with duds and damage from them. They do seem to have some good deals on samplers and such, though.

I've been very happy with prices and service from cigarBid. I get what I want in excellent condition at a bargain price. Have also purchased from CI, cigar.com and Thompsons. Good service and fast shipping from all.

Give Isy a call, and I bet he can put together a sampler for you that's fine-tuned towards your tastes. It may be a couple of bucks more than the discount sites, but chances are it'll have more in it that you actually like instead of one good thing and then a bunch of crap like at CI, etc. Besides, you'll probably learn something just by talking to him.

I have a really good B&M (The Party Source) that I use. Online, Tower Cigar and Smoke Inn get most of my online business.

CBoukal-thanks for starting this topic! I've got a real nice B & M to go to, but being in NY, buying there = getting crushed in taxes. In store price on most singles are 50% or more higher than on their web sales site.

Thanks for all the responses, I was sitting my a local cigar bar last night with my ipad going to all of these sites to compare prices and such, and some have one stick I want but not others, so I was up to like 3 orders from 3 different sites so I got annoyed and just closed all of them without buying one stick..

Many people here would recommend you purchase from some of the great vendors that both frequent and support CP. I agree with many people.

I guess I am lucky; CI and Famous are 30 min from me along with a small B&M that has better prices than the either of them. IF you get a chance to visit Famous there selection is very good, have a ton of 5 or 10 pack deals. Their restaurant, the Leaf is one of my favorites. And being in Pa is a plus, no tobacco tax on cigars.

Give Isy a call, and I bet he can put together a sampler for you that's fine-tuned towards your tastes. It may be a couple of bucks more than the discount sites, but chances are it'll have more in it that you actually like instead of one good thing and then a bunch of crap like at CI, etc. Besides, you'll probably learn something just by talking to him.

I second that! Isy will fine tune a sampler just for you, you don't have to buy full boxes. Isy not only it's very knowledgeable, but a GREAT GUY!

Isy will fine tune a sampler just for you, you don't have to buy full boxes. Isy not only it's very knowledgeable, but a GREAT GUY!

Sounds cool, Maybe I will just export my "wish list" from the Cigar geeks app (don't worry I only use them for their humidor app) and send it to him and see what he things he can do for me.

Thanks again for all the knowledge I appreciate it.

We have a Cigar Retailer Section go there and you can see all the vendors who are on CP. Everyone who has been here a while has their favorites. Watch for when one of them posts a special or when some promotion is offered.

We have a Cigar Retailer Section go there and you can see all the vendors who are on CP. Everyone who has been here a while has their favorites. Watch for when one of them posts a special or when some promotion is offered.

I'll echo what Anthony just said. Most of us have our "fave" guys but honestly we're really lucky to have the number of quality dealers that we have, posting in these forums. Spend some time in the retailer's forum and watch for any specials.