• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Where to find hygrometer at Wally World?

dulaney22

Banned
Read where there was a cheap but functional hygrometer at Wal-Mart but I couldn't find one and no one there had a clue about what I was asking.

Anybody bought one . . . what aisle is it on or stuff it's mixed with?

My wife just bought one last night. Let me check...

edit: She found it in the hardware dept in the small electrical aisle.

Just ask where the thermometers are. A wal-mart employee probably isnt going to know what the word hygrometer means. Ask them where the "humidity gauge thingies" are - I'll bet you get a hit.

Anywho, they are in the hardware section.

I found mines by the camping stuff. it was on an endcap.

Found mine in the home section near the paint and home supply products (light bulbs, scales, etc)

found mine in back between camping and home department.

i agree, ask em where the thermometers are, and ask somebody thats older. i found that was the easiest thing to do. the older gentlemen i asked even said 'need one for your cigars eh?' i chuckled a little and said yes.

Yeah, just look around in the general vicinity of the light fixtures and such. Be sure and salt test yours. Mine reads 6% low. I wont complain one bit about paying less than a 10 spot for it, but you need to know it may not be dead on.

found mine in back between camping and home department.

i agree, ask em where the thermometers are, and ask somebody thats older. i found that was the easiest thing to do. the older gentlemen i asked even said 'need one for your cigars eh?' i chuckled a little and said yes.

Ask one where the hygrometers are and you'll get that angled look the dog will give you if you make funny noises.

Yeah, just look around in the general vicinity of the light fixtures and such. Be sure and salt test yours. Mine reads 6% low. I wont complain one bit about paying less than a 10 spot for it, but you need to know it may not be dead on.

Same here. I just put a Post-It note that says "+6" on the front of my humidor.

I found mine in the hardware section next to the thermometers for $6.

I bought two of em a few weeks ago, and they are very accurate. Less than $7 each

Edit to add: Like everyone else said hardware

I bought 2 from Wally a while back. They were both about 11 off. I went out and bought 2 good ones.

Checked mine this morning and it is 11 off as well . . . reading 64%. I don't know whether to give it another shot or just buy the better one at Wal-Mart . . . heck it's only $25 and it's wireless.

I bought 2 from Wally a while back. They were both about 11 off. I went out and bought 2 good ones.

11 off - wow - that is pretty darn far off! He probably needs to know where you got the 2 good ones.

Oh sorry.... I just meant I bought replacement hygro's like Madelaine's from the local B&M actually designed for our hobby, and not some other cheap non-cigar related Wally special. Just not worth saving a couple of bucks imo.