• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Which Famous Author Do You Write Like?

So I was thinking I write more like Isaac Asimov. So after I wrote my cigar review, I slapped it in the calculator, and yay me, I do I do... I'm a little proud now :p

Damn, Asimov writes like a drunk 3rd grader?? Well, I guess I'm never buying one of his books now...

So I was thinking I write more like Isaac Asimov. So after I wrote my cigar review, I slapped it in the calculator, and yay me, I do I do... I'm a little proud now :p

Damn, Asimov writes like a drunk 3rd grader?? Well, I guess I'm never buying one of his books now...

Oh Jon's talking to me again? I'm flattered!

I pasted an email to my sister and a Cory Doctorow came up. I had to Google him and found he writes science fiction, blogs, and is a co-editor of Boing Boing which I'm still perusing now.

What a bunch of ham en' eggers. I got Mark Twain! This could go to my head.
rolleyes.gif

Doc.

I tried a recent blog post and got H.P. Lovecraft . . . now, I love me some Cthulhu mythos, but I don't see the similarity. ???

Guess I'll have to try a few other pieces and see what my range is. Cool link!

~Boar

Please, for the love of God, tell me someone has submitted one of Andros lengthy diatribes into this thing. If comes back with any author other than Dr. Suess it's a damn dirty lie.

I popped in my infamous White Owl review from a few years back and the result was Dan Brown. :laugh:

Please, for the love of God, tell me someone has submitted one of Andros lengthy diatribes into this thing. If comes back with any author other than Dr. Suess it's a damn dirty lie.

I was thinking the same thing, I'm going to grab one of Asimov's books from the cabinet and type in a couple paragraphs and see how it comes back. If it comes back as Stevehawk or King I'll call BS!

Vladimir Nabokov

Now I feel uneducated. Apparently my writing is educated, as the man taught at Wellesley, Harvard, and Cornell, alas I am not.

I will need to read some more, I see that now!

PJ,

I was thinking the same thing, I'm going to grab one of Asimov's books from the cabinet and type in a couple paragraphs and see how it comes back. If it comes back as Stevehawk or King I'll call BS!

Let me know how that works out. :p

I entered half of chapter one from my book. I got Arthur C. Clarke. Not as good as Asimov, IMO, but I'll take it! :thumbs:

Nothing but a scheme to sell books and get paid for the referrals.

I copied in the same Hemingway passage four times and got four different authors with a link to purchase their books. Didn't get Hemingway one time,

I declare shenanigans.

I write like
Arthur Conan Doyle

I'm happy with that :)

I copied in the same Hemingway passage four times and got four different authors with a link to purchase their books. Didn't get Hemingway one time,

I declare shenanigans.

Well played; very clever! :thumbs:

I declare shenanigans.

Well played; very clever! :thumbs:

Question is, which 4 authors? I'd be interested to see if they are authors who have a similar writing style as Hemingway. If so then it might be legit after all.