• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Which one?

Madmidget

Rammer Jammer Yellowhammer
Well, tomorrow I hit 34. Nothing else really good happens after you hit 21. The next big event is 65 when I get to retire, supposedly.

I have been offered a Birthday smoke from a friend. I already have a Hoyo Des Dieux from 1998 that I will put to flame, but here is the where the hard part comes in. I can chose one of the following:
H. Upmann Coronas Major 2004
Partagas Shorty 2006
RASS (Cab) 2007

I don't know very much about ISOM's, well nothing at all really. Just guessing, the Upmann (for the age) might be my initial choice.

Any insight or suggestions would be appreciated.

Happy Birthday!

That RASS is an outstanding smoke, IMO

BTW, 40 is a pretty cool year too ;)

I think I'm leaning towards the RASS. Lots of good things have been said about them, but still eyeballing the Upmann.

I've got an '07 RASS cab I've had two out and I was shocked at how good they were. Very approachable right now. I also have a cab of the Shorts from '06 and while good, they need more time to really shine. They are a great little smoke if you want a little "punch." Oh, and happy B-day!

Definitely go for the Corona Major from Upmann. The RASS is a cigar that needs a minimum of 7-10 years before they are smokable. I had a box of 97 RASS that took a full 8 years before they lost the final hints of youthfulness. My box of 99's just got good last summer and are smoking great right now.

Definitely go for the Corona Major from Upmann. The RASS is a cigar that needs a minimum of 7-10 years before they are smokable. I had a box of 97 RASS that took a full 8 years before they lost the final hints of youthfulness. My box of 99's just got good last summer and are smoking great right now.

THat is some serious patience.......so far I have not had a RASS that was not a complete and utter dissapointment.

Seavita, it doesn't surprise me about your RASS experiences. They are really bad when they are not aged properly.

Seavita, it doesn't surprise me about your RASS experiences. They are really bad when they are not aged properly.

To each his own, but I've smoked quite a few from my box of '03s and they are still not ready. However, the couple of '07s I have had were really great, much more flavorful and "open" than the '03s. I think RA is one marca that has benefited a lot from the introduction of aged fillers.