• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Which Type of Cigar Was Your Very First?

knightlaird

Reaction score
Which type of cigar was your very first--the first cigar that you smoked? Mine was a Bear Bros. (not Wolf Bros.) Rum Soaked Crook. It was a very enjoyable smoke. This was back in the 1960's. How about your first cigar? Regards, knightlaird

The first one I smoked was an ISOM, it was a Romeo. I don't remember size or anything. Good smoke to start out with, it was very smooth.

tdog said:
The first one I smoked was an ISOM, it was a Romeo. I don't remember size or anything. Good smoke to start out with, it was very smooth.
[snapback]232176[/snapback]​

Ditto. First cigar was Romeo, but don't remember the vitola. Hated it. I inhaled twice by mistake, tongue felt weird and throat had a nasty feeling for a couple days.

I wandered into a Tinder Box a couple years ago and while looking through the humidor I came across a box marked Flor Fina 8-5-8... my old phone prefix in my hometown was 858... so I bought one... and the next day I bought 5, and so on and so forth :D

My first cigar that didn't say "It's a boy" on it was a Griffin Corona given to me by a friend when I moved into my first apartment in 1993. I started buying premium smokes shortly thereafter.

Black and Mild....
icon8.gif

My first REAL cigar was a Nat Sherman Metropolitan Maduro.

A friend offered me a Swisher Sweet back at an outdoor festival in the summer of 1994. I enjoyed it but with a few months I had a coolerdor filled with the good stuff ...

hav-a-tampas back in the 60's when i was a teenager, i thought i was king of the world! lol! :p

Not sure if it was my very first, but I recall smoking a lot of Don Tomas Special Edition 300's, and the Astral Besos Connies. Then came the Ashton Cabinet Select #3's. Not bad smokes for a beginner, at least they didn't have plastic tips! :laugh:

JV

I think mine was a Dutch Masters, went well with the Old Milwaukee beer we were drinking at the time. Oh the things we did when we were young and poor...
eck15.gif

DD

My very first cigar ever smoked was a Swisher sweet. ??? It was smoked while my cousin (Vinny, no lie!!0 and I drove around the Love canal area one night just after a gig at a local Niagara Falls pig roast. Very odd indeed... driving through what was still a ghost town, houses boarded up right next to houses that were still inhabited by families, all the while windows rolled down and smoking the Swisher!

Darren

knightlaird said:
Which type of cigar was your very first--the first cigar that you smoked? Mine was a Bear Bros. (not Wolf Bros.) Rum Soaked Crook. It was a very enjoyable smoke. This was back in the 1960's. How about your first cigar? Regards, knightlaird
[snapback]232175[/snapback]​

Man, I can't believe you guys remember. Especially those going back to the 60's. My first cigar was in '88, and it was the biggest nastiest dog rocket that I have ever smoked. I have no idea what it was. My friend came across it and we thought it would be fun to smoke it on the river. Wrong, it was horid. I didn't smoke another cigar for 10 years after that. I don't remember what the cigars were until I started buying them myself.

Cheers,
- C

some isom bolviar.

it was awesome cause my friend who gave it to me puked really bad and swore never to smoke again. hahaha, that never happened.