• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

While My Guitar Gently Weeps ......

NorCalCigarLover

The Wine Guy
While looking for music for the iPass Jazz pass I came across my collection of Jake Shimabukuro tunes, we saw him at the Napa Opera House last year live. He really is one outstanding musician and all on four strings, see what I mean HERE

:cool:

That was awesome! :thumbs: Thanks for the link!!

If you want to see some live:

Jake will appear on NBC’s Last Call with Carson Daly on February 15, 2007 as a special musical guest performing with the show’s band. “Last Call” airs at 1:35am (EST) right after Late Night with Conan O’Brien.

Jake is amazing and a truly awesome guy. Have been following him for years now, having met him on many occassions now...in the Islands and here in the Continental US. Used to be with the band Pure Heart and has also been with Colon. Sits in on countless others, including other bruddahs, Herb Ohta, Jr., and even Jimmy Buffett.

If you can find the Pure Heart releases now (most are well out of print), you should definitely pick them up. Have them all and they are among my most prized in my Hawaiian collection (which is huge). Look for Colon too. Don't know if their only full release is still in print. Either way, they are absolutely stellar and I can't recommend them highly enough.

Also look for Ernie Cruz, Jr. and the other many Ka'au Crater Boys (and also Palolo - feat. Troy Hernandez, the other half of Ka'au Crater Boys...it was Ernie Cruz, Jr. and Troy Fernandez).

'Ale'A (another group) are amazing as well.

Edited to add -

Each and every Jake Shimabukuo cd is amazing as well. Have everything he's ever done and it is all excellent.

David thanks for the link, that is one of my favorite songs. He is an awesome talent!

He played in my town about a year ago. It was amazing. I had no idea the ukulele could go that far. We did purchase one of his CDs (Dragon I believe it was called) but were a bit dissappointed with it. It just didn't have the energy that his live performance did. Live was just him on stage alone playing his heart out. The CD had a band involved and his playing just didn't have the same force to it. We have downloaded some songs that are more like his live show, so maybe the CD we have is just not his best.

I would certainly recommend his live show to anyone.

We met Jake after the Napa show, he is a very nice down to earth kind of guy. Too bad my Hawaiian music section is so limited ..... but I'll be working on it with those recommendations :thumbs:

While looking for music for the iPass Jazz pass I came across my collection of Jake Shimabukuro tunes, we saw him at the Napa Opera House last year live. He really is one outstanding musician and all on four strings, see what I mean HERE

That is some great playing. Thanks....

Thanks David - This is what I was looking for in the Jazz pass. I included Stanley Jordan who is along these lines. Check THIS out. Stanley plays both rhythm and lead guitar at the same time.

Scott

Thanks David - This is what I was looking for in the Jazz pass. I included Stanley Jordan who is along these lines. Check THIS out. Stanley plays both rhythm and lead guitar at the same time.

Scott

Huge Stanley Jordan fan here as well ...... cool video. Check out others I'm posting in the iPass Jazz Pass

This was just posted on my motorcycle site the other day, fantastic video. I saw this pop up just now and had to go get a Beatles CD to listen the the original, one of my favorite Beatles songs.