• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

White Owl Watermelon.....yummy!

Jonesy

Got Ink ?
Back in early May, Phil (Insight) bombed me during the war, and in his bomb, he graciously sent me a White Owl Watermelon cigar (if you can call it that....looked more like a long cigarette). He and I were talking in the chat room one night and he told me that he's sent out about 50 of these and didn't think anyone had smoked one. So, because he was so generous in leading Cigar Draft Numero Dos, I thought I would repay him by doing a review on this cigar. Not sure how much age it has one it, but I know I've had it for 2 months now.
Here it is in all it's glory in the cello.

wo001.jpg

As you can see, meticulous care was used in making this nearly flawlessly constructed cigar
wo002.jpg

White Owl was kind enough to provide a small hole in the end where I didn't need to clip it. I bypassed toasting the end and just put a flame to it.
wo003.jpg

No prelight draw here. I took the first draw and it tasted like the wrapper had been covered with sugar it was that sweet.
wo004.jpg

There wasn't a whole lot of watermelon taste to the cigar. It had a very harsh tobacco taste without much flavor. It burned fairly well with the ash falling of at about 1 1/2 inches.
wo005.jpg

Nice white and grey ash. This cigar never varied in taste at all. Still no hint of watermelon....must all be in the wrapper. It produce a fairly good amount of smoke and drew very well. It did leave a heavy burnt tobacco taste in my mouth. ( actually a very unpleasant aftertaste which I am still experiencing.
wo006.jpg

As I got 2/3 of the way in, the smoke became very hot and damn near unbearable. As you can see I was a good sport and tried to nub this one out.

All in all, it was well constructed, drew very well, produced a good deal of smoke, but had a very unpleasant aftertaste. This cigar would go very well with a bottle of Boone's Farm from your local convenience store. Thanks Phil for this wonderful experience :rolleyes: .

Now, don't any of you get the bright idea of sending me anything like this, because I WILL NOT review it. :laugh: . Now Phil, you owe me a review on the Groovy Blue Tatiana I sent to you! :laugh:

haha I bought a big tubo one for my g/f as a joke, I want to see if she'll actually smoke it, it's still collecting dust in the dry air.

the tastebud loss can't be worth these reviews/tortures. But they're like a trainwreck, i cant turn away.

Excellent review! Finally someone reviewed one of my precious aged sticks! I couldn't do better myself (read as: wouldn't ever smoke one)

:thumbs:

Great review! :thumbs: I have a box of these aging in my humidor .... J/K! :sign:

This cigar would go very well with a bottle of Boone's Farm from your local convenience store.
lmao...nothing like a white owl cigar review to catch your eye! very nice.