• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Who buys Gurkhas?

I'll admit I bought them when they were on sale and I was still reading Cigar.com's newsletters for my information .  This was all prior to joining CP.  Pretty soon afterwards, they were quarantined from my main stock.

Gurka has good swag, but their sticks are hit or miss. I have found the 15 Year Cellar Reserve is not a bad stick. Price is also a factor. In my view they have too many varieties so taste will range widely. Some smoke like a '72 Buick burning oil. Its a brand whose taste definitely varies even in the same line based on batch. 

But, they do appear to move a volume of cigars, so someone must buy them.

I know how you feel. I feel the same way as you towards H. Upmann. But, I have to admit, I did have some pretty decent Gurkhas in the past. I agree with cparker, the cellar reserve is pretty good. I like the ghost as well.

Most Gurkhas I have had seem to leave a soapy taste in my mouth when done so don't care for them much.  The few that didn't were ok but wouldn't go out of my way to get.  I did have the Cellar Reserve Limitada that was very good.