• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

who drinks porter?

mitchshrader

Is it a particular recipe, or just a way to market blended beer?

I'm ignorant.. :blush:

I love porter but have yet to make any. I stick with the Stouts and Ales

mmmmm..... coffeehouse porter :thumbs:

"This dark ale combines the taste of real organic coffee with out popular Drayman's Porter. The robust coffee flavor comes vis a special coffee extract made for us exclusively by Dean's Beans, New Salem Ma. 6.2%"

Mmmmmmmmmmmm... Porter!

smoked_porters_smaller.JPG

Hell, I love it so much I named my dog Porter! :laugh:

I'm a fan of Yuengling Black and Tan, havn't had the straight Porter though.

I love porter but have yet to make any. I stick with the Stouts and Ales

Porter is an ale.

My favorites are Samuel Smith's "Tadcaster" (aka Taddy) porter, and St George Brewing's porter. You can probably only get the St George stuff in VA, MD, and NC, though. It's got a great roasted/coffee flavor to it. One of the few thngs that makes me miss Virginia. :)

Damn you, Swissy, Alaskan Smoked Porter is near the top of my "to try" list. Not likely to happen now that I've moved to beer purgatory. There's some decent looking recipes out there, though, so I'll probably give it a go this spring once I get the brewery back up and running.

I like the B&T as well but you should try the Porter its gooood.

One of my good friends and co-workers brews his own beer. He made a couple really nice porters. Absolutely delicious :love:

CYG

One of my good friends and co-workers brews his own beer. He made a couple really nice porters. Absolutely delicious :love:

CYG

Man, you're in there. Go find some St George porter. Brewed in Hampton. Friggin' outstanding beer.

CYG

Man, you're in there. Go find some St George porter. Brewed in Hampton. Friggin' outstanding beer.

How widely is it distributed? I will look around and see what I can find. I love a good porter, well I just love a good beer.

CYG

Great Lakes' Edmund Fitzgerald is screamingly good.

And, if you have a Polish community in the area, you can probably find the Zywiec or Okocim Porter starting soon...they're both great.

And, if you have a Polish community in the area, you can probably find the Zywiec or Okocim Porter starting soon...they're both great.
and ofcourse OKOCIM PALONE, I think its the best dark polish beer, it really rox!

okocimpalone.jpg

And check the website with speakers on, it'll show You the power of Okocim Palone ;)

l i n k y

and ofcourse OKOCIM PALONE, I think its the best dark polish beer, it really rox!

okocimpalone.jpg

And check the website with speakers on, it'll show You the power of Okocim Palone ;)

l i n k y

No no, Okocim Polone is not really a porter and is kind of water-y. I'm talking about this bad boy, which is hard to find - even in Poland:

Okocim_Porter.jpg

No no, Okocim Polone is not really a porter and is kind of water-y. I'm talking about this bad boy, which is hard to find - even in Poland:

Okocim_Porter.jpg
hmm.. looks like its really hard to find, because I did not see t never before.

And about Palone, You're right, its not a Porter, but its dark for sure ;)
and tasty as hell! :)

Mmmmmmmmmmmm... Porter!

smoked_porters_smaller.JPG

Hell, I love it so much I named my dog Porter! :laugh:
Man does that look good!! Porter is my favorite style of beer!! I had the pleasure of sampling a bottle of Alaskan Smoked Porter about 2 mos ago and that stuff is damned good!! :love: Now I just need to make myself a batch of that fine ale!!

Summit Northern Porter is quite tasty, if you happen to live in a market that they distribute to.

I've brewed my own porter several times, with great success. In fact, I just brewed up a St. Paul Porter this past Friday evening, which I hope will be ready to drink in time for New Years. Most folks will agree that brewing a darker, more full of flavor beer is easier and yields better success because tiny mistakes are easier to cover up.

I love porter as well, plus I find it pairs excellently with most cigars. I think my favorite nationally available brands are probably Fuller's and Anchor; in the regional arena I like Boulevard, although its a bit rough around the edges, and Summit. I need to try Taddy again, I only had it once several years ago and can't remember it at all, except a vague feeling that I was unimpressed. Stone and Alaska smoked are definitely on my "if I ever see a bottle I must try it" list.