• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Who on the board likes to fish?

waliguy

My handle "waliguy" comes from my first days on the internet...on AOL. I wanted the handle "walleyeguy"...it was taken, hence "waliguy" was close enough.

One of my passions is walleye fishing in the Midwest. Great Minnesota lakes and rivers for it...whether it's Mille Lacs, Winnie, Leech, the Mississippi River or the St. Louis River.

Live bait rig, jig, slip bobber, and of course, trolling (best way to smoke and fish!) Personal best is a 28 3/4", which was caught and released. I had a graphite replica made.

Hope to get to Erie someday in pursuit of the elusive 30" walleye...one of my goals.

Second favorite fish is probably smallmouth bass...I live near the Mississippi and some of the best smallie fishing in the state.

In a few weeks I plan to start a True Fisherman's Box Pass here...with cigars and tackle. If you're interested in participating, let me know.

OK, who else loves to fish?

Stripped Bass fishing in the Atlantic :) Also do some fluke, flounder, sea bass, bluefish and tautog fishing.....When I leave the coast like like to do some small and largemouth bass fishing

Kentucky Spotted (Big Mouth) Bass, Crappy, Rock Bass (Black), Smallies, Perch and Channel Cats. I have fished many Lakes and rivers, In Texas, Arkansas and as a child in Washington and Oregon. I have been fishing since I was old enough to hold a Cane Pole. I fish with Live/cut bait (shrimp, Chicken livers, worms, minows, Goldfish, chunked perch etc...), dough bait, Blood bait, Plastic worms, Beetle spins, Spinner bait, Jig&Pig, Buzz Bait Spinners, Plugs, chugs and Bugs.

Let us just say, I Fish :D

Love fishing
In New York i went mainly for Porgy and Bluefish, sometimes Fluke.
Moved down here to Miami about 4 months ago, my uncle has a boat....true fisheman but i haven't got the chance to do any fishing yet....can't wait. :)

duane_speck_red.jpg

Unfortunately, I don't have the patience to fish for trout here which is really too bad since I live about a half a mile from some of the best trout fishing here in Connecticut.

I LOVE eating the fish that my buddies catch who love to fish but don't actually like eating what they catch. Everytime they tell me that they threw them all back, I throw a fit so the next time, they drop off their catch at my house and I eat them and freeze what I can't finish off.

God bless you fishermen :thumbs:

I live 30 minutes from the Chesapeake Bay, fishing since I could hold a rod, anything that swims !! Liberty resorvoir is about 5 miles away. Many many stocked trout streams here. Along with fishing the bay comes crabbin'... the good life. Then we get into my in-laws condo at Ocean City MD, surf fishing for sharks...ouch.

After fishing can we talk bowhunting ?????

Port Aransas when I get the chance. I'll catch anything that's dumb enough to find my hooks. :D

Bass fishing primarily in north central Texas. Purobrat and I are going to have a fishin herf as soon as he gets back on his feet !!

Walleye...Lake Erie

Grouper......North East Golf of Mexico around Tampa & Sarasota

I'll fish for anything any time....provided cigars and beverages are involved! :D :D

Prefer the salt water fishin....

Kurtfishsmall.jpg

Yum...Good Eatin' :D

NICE RyJ LE too.... :p

I LOVE TO FISH!! :love:

I get to go out almost every weekend. I only fish saltwater unless freshwater is the only fishing available (like when I was in college).

My buddy and I usually go wade fishing in about 2-3 feet of water in a bay in West Palm. We usually do pretty well with jigs (white, pink, green or gold). Of course we prefer live srimp or finger mullett if available. In the Spring and Summer we do pretty well with Trout, Jack and Snook. We pulled in a few pretty big snook this past winter. Since we're lucky enough to live close to the Keys, we head down there a handful of times a year and try to rip some bigger lips.

I could go on and on but I'll spare you all for now.

BTW, I'm definitely interested in a fishermans pass!

kurtcigar1 said:
I'll fish for anything any time....provided cigars and beverages are involved! :D :D

Prefer the salt water fishin....

Kurtfishsmall.jpg

Yum...Good Eatin' :D

NICE RyJ LE too.... :p
Nice dolphin there Kurt :thumbs:

I love fishing...both saltwater and freshwater, but saltwater definitely being my favorite! Fish for speckled trout, redfish, flounder, etc.

BTW, nice red and speck, TripleD!

I like to fish in Canada. Since I now have 4 children, there is little time to fish locally. Smallmouth on light tackle is a favorite. Also, when I can have time, there is very good smallmouth fishing in the small rivers and streams close to home.

Deep sea for yellow fin in Hawaii, heck yeah!
Salmon on the Puget Sound, heck yeah again!
Bass fishing on the Great Sacandaga in the Adirondacks...I hate it! Can't catch a damn thing.

Boy, I'd love to go up into BC for Kings sometime. 30 lbs. is the norm :)

ShadMan said:
I love fishing...both saltwater and freshwater, but saltwater definitely being my favorite! Fish for speckled trout, redfish, flounder, etc.

BTW, nice red and speck, TripleD!
Thanks, Since you are right there in TX we will have to go fishing sometime. My boat should be out of the shop yesterday ??? REDFISH & SPECKS #1, I also love catching flounder, spanish mackerel, blacktip shark, cobia, Tuna, freshwater catfish, and anything else that will bite the hook with the exception of stingrays and hardheads :angry:

TripleD - We have lots of fishing get-togethers for a fishing message board at which I am a FOG. Typically about once a month or so. More often in summer. If you get a free weekend and feel like heading toward the Galveston/Freeport area, give me a shout and I'll let you know what's going on. Otherwise, we need to meet up at Sabine, High Island, or Calcasieu sometime!

I love fishing don't get out much 15 times last year.
i mostly fish for Bass, I go to Maine fishing smallmouth heaven.