• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Whoever sent me this 10 pack, Thank You

GDeAngelo

So, I went to the mail today. I saw a little box in there from someone I have yet to meet. I could only assume one thing. I was right, someone took the time out of their day to send me a nice 10 pack of smokes. I searched around a bit, trying to see who the sender was. I had no luck. Here is a quick pic of the sticks I received. Again, thank you very much.

-Gianni-

It's generally frowned upon here to post pictures of the contents of bombs.

Edited,

I'm curious as of why it's frowned upon. There is another forum I lurk that encourages it ??? Is it cause sometimes a bomb may include a stick or two from a bomb that has already been passed? I do appreciate the heads up.

-Gianni-

Because it could be said "hey he bombed me and I got crap, look at all the nice stuff you got!" Keeps people from getting mad about "they're bomb was nicer than mine." Think I read that in a thread once.

Don't worry I was guilty of it too when I first started.

Because it could be said "hey he bombed me and I got crap, look at all the nice stuff you got!" Keeps people from getting mad about "they're bomb was nicer than mine." Think I read that in a thread once.

Don't worry I was guilty of it too when I first started.

haha that wouldn't surprise me. Some people are just ungrateful. How can you complain about something that is free? I understand if you bomb people with great smokes and you always get dog turds. I don't see that happening based on some of the bombs I've gotten over the years. But it makes perfect sense. It's just disappointing.

-Gianni-

Edited,

I'm curious as of why it's frowned upon. There is another forum I lurk that encourages it ??? Is it cause sometimes a bomb may include a stick or two from a bomb that has already been passed? I do appreciate the heads up.

-Gianni-

It is frowned upon because it can discourage people from bombing who don't have hefty stock (create a less-than feeling since they may not have the same quality of sticks available to send out as other packages being posted) and it also can encourage people to bomb who are only doing it for the attention of the public eye.

Edited,

-Gianni-

It is frowned upon because it can discourage people from bombing who don't have hefty stock (create a less-than feeling since they may not have the same quality of sticks available to send out as other packages being posted) and it also can encourage people to bomb who are only doing it for the attention of the public eye.

Well that does make sense. I'll say, I'm thankful for whatever I receive. I'll be honest when I've seen some posts, I've thought. "Oh, is that what is normally passed? I need to stock up before I start passing them. "

I'll say tho. I have a few goodies I've been looking to send out. So you guys just wait.

-Gianni-

We have a different set of rules than that other forum where you posted the picture. They accept it we don't! That is why we are Cigar Pass. Each site has their own rules and it is unacceptable to apply our rules anywhere else and vice a versa.

We have a different set of rules than that other forum where you posted the picture. They accept it we don't! That is why we are Cigar Pass. Each site has their own rules and it is unacceptable to apply our rules anywhere else and vice a versa.

Whoa Whoa there. The point has been made and I've complied. There is no need to re-address this. Not to mention in the manner you've so implied. Maybe you didn't mean to be so blunt or rude for that matter. It's sometimes hard to tell when we are limited to text.

Again, Jon, thank you for the gift. I'm very thankful. If people get bent out of shape due to not getting a Padron Anniversary when they received a lesser smoke, well then they should stick to socializing with high schoolers cause they are acting as if.

-Gianni-

Edited,

-Gianni-

FYI gifting the contents of a bomb is usually frowned upon as well. I try to label the cigars that have been gifted to me so I don't accidentally put them in a trade or a bomb.

Edited,

-Gianni-

FYI gifting the contents of a bomb is usually frowned upon as well. I try to label the cigars that have been gifted to me so I don't accidentally put them in a trade or a bomb.

I know gifting a gift is frowned upon. But I'm sure it happens on occasion. I know me personally, I'm not going to be upset. Unless it was a specific stick. Something like, "This is a great stick. Remember I told you about this? Here is one and a few other." It would be like your son receiving an oyster bread machine from someone who previously got it as a wedding gift. :laugh:

-Gianni-

I'm curious as of why it's frowned upon. There is another forum I lurk that encourages it ???

-Gianni-

I always thought it was because bombing isn't really about what you were bombed but why you were bombed. Someone decided you deserved some sticks, that's all that really matters. BOTL

Whoa Whoa there. The point has been made and I've complied. There is no need to re-address this. Not to mention in the manner you've so implied. Maybe you didn't mean to be so blunt or rude for that matter. It's sometimes hard to tell when we are limited to text.

-Gianni-

You bought up the question about other boards. I am making the distinction between Cigar Pass and other boards. Yes you asked the question and it was explained, but I thought it was important because you mentioned Cigar Pass in your post on the other board.

Enjoy the cigars as that is what is important and a very nice gesture it is!

I know gifting a gift is frowned upon. But I'm sure it happens on occasion. I know me personally, I'm not going to be upset. Unless it was a specific stick. Something like, "This is a great stick. Remember I told you about this? Here is one and a few other." It would be like your son receiving an oyster bread machine from someone who previously got it as a wedding gift. :laugh:

-Gianni-

what is this Oyster Bread you speak of? Sounds icky. :p

-Gianni-

what is this Oyster Bread you speak of? Sounds icky. :p
:laugh: :laugh: ...I think he meant Oster Bread Machine

It is the thought of the gift that counts.
I also find granting a wish makes sending the bomb that much sweeter.

Again, Jon, thank you for the gift. I'm very thankful. If people get bent out of shape due to not getting a Padron Anniversary when they received a lesser smoke, well then they should stick to socializing with high schoolers cause they are acting as if.

-Gianni-

Anthony "blunt" and "rude"? Hardly... :sign:

But it sure it "blunt" and "rude" for you to opine that he is... :rolleyes:

You questioned the rule - it was answered. Sorry it wasn't to your liking, or possibly what you expected. But welcome to CigarPass nonetheless. :thumbs: