• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Why act like a douche when you are representing your country.

Marine6186

...oh you want me to say something.
I am watching the USA vs Canada hockey and I was just wondering if it is bother anyone as much me. Watching these guys getting into scuffles after the play is really ticking me off. You are in the Olympics representing your country! Stop acting like asshats in front of the whole world. Niedermeyer at the end of the 2nd just looked like the biggest piece of crap in my eyes.

*steps off soap box*

I'm missing it, what are they doing? Just fighting alot?

I'm missing it, what are they doing? Just fighting alot?

Yeah the stupid petty stuff like they do in the NHL. What really got me upset is when Niedermeyer slammed a USA into the boards a good 5 seconds after the 2nd period ended. I just think it is disrespectful to act like that when you get to be one of the few people to ever be in the Olympics.

That's just hockey, especially NHL hockey. If they want clean, finesse hockey they need to bring back the college kids (even though the NHL style has filtered down to NCAA hockey to some degree).

It's a rough and tumble sport and there's a lot of after the whistle stuff. These guys (hockey players) aren't the most even tempered fellas. There's a TON of pressure on the Canadians this year.

USA got some great goal tending tonight.

That's just hockey, especially NHL hockey. If they want clean, finesse hockey they need to bring back the college kids (even though the NHL style has filtered down to NCAA hockey to some degree).

It's a rough and tumble sport and there's a lot of after the whistle stuff. These guys (hockey players) aren't the most even tempered fellas. There's a TON of pressure on the Canadians this year.

I know that's how hockey is. I played for 10 years and I completely understand the frustration but, come on it is the Olympics. Maybe it is just the Marine coming out in me.

Most of the after the whistle stuff is about protecting the goaltender. Niedermyer's hit was cheap, yes, but most of the scuffles are protection or retaliation for stuff that's only slightly dirty.

I know that's how hockey is. I played for 10 years and I completely understand the frustration but, come on it is the Olympics. Maybe it is just the Marine coming out in me.
I get what you're saying, and I agree.

I'm just giving a possible reason for their behavior. These guys play like this every night. If they held back at all, they would be criticized. Everything they do on the ice is ingrained. They can't clean it up for the Olympics.

If they want hockey without a lot of the nonsense, they've got to get players on the ice that are in a different frame of mind. College hockey is still fairly clean. I'd rather watch them play in the Olympics than a bunch of NHL players anyway, but I'm old fashioned like that.

I get what you're saying, and I agree.

I'm just giving a possible reason for their behavior. These guys play like this every night. If they held back at all, they would be criticized. Everything they do on the ice is ingrained. They can't clean it up for the Olympics.

If they want hockey without a lot of the nonsense, they've got to get players on the ice that are in a different frame of mind. College hockey is still fairly clean. I'd rather watch them play in the Olympics than a bunch of NHL players anyway, but I'm old fashioned like that.

I'm not a hockey buff, but would taking away the latest and greatest protective gear they wear and putting them in the stuff players wore 20+ years ago change their behaviour?

I am watching the USA vs Canada hockey and I was just wondering if it is bother anyone as much me. Watching these guys getting into scuffles after the play is really ticking me off. You are in the Olympics representing your country! Stop acting like asshats in front of the whole world. Niedermeyer at the end of the 2nd just looked like the biggest piece of crap in my eyes.

*steps off soap box*

Not only that I heard they say bad words on the ice at each other too sometimes. Heathens!

*steps off soap box*

Not only that I heard they say bad words on the ice at each other too sometimes. Heathens!

I know! Horrible role models! :laugh:

I'm not a hockey buff, but would taking away the latest and greatest protective gear they wear and putting them in the stuff players wore 20+ years ago change their behaviour?

No, there would just be more blood.

The real problem is that the days of the Olympics representing honor are long gone!

The real problem is that the days of the Olympics representing honor are long gone!

Careful Jeff, that's an old guy comment. :laugh: The Olympics are fun, but maybe they are more for the younger crowd. I don't know. Snowboarding is fascinating, but it still doesn't strike me as an 'Olympic' sport. It is though, why wouldn't it be? You know, it just wasn't there when I was young. Whatever. God bless Beach Volleyball, that's all I really want to say.

You know what I like best about the Olympics? They got none of that stinking root beer!

Careful Jeff, that's an old guy comment. :laugh: The Olympics are fun, but maybe they are more for the younger crowd. I don't know. Snowboarding is fascinating, but it still doesn't strike me as an 'Olympic' sport. It is though, why wouldn't it be? You know, it just wasn't there when I was young. Whatever. God bless Beach Volleyball, that's all I really want to say.

I know, that's because I'm old!

Back when I skied and board dorks were just starting to pollute the slopes, wearing their dads clothes, cutting lift lines, and ignoring the rules of the mountain, we used to enjoy knocking them off the cat walks and watching them try to get out :whistling: