• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Why do some of you guys have a problem with me?

Alan: We don't know each other, but I'm studying psychology and counseling. It sounds like you're a nice guy and you'd like to be a nice guy 100% of the time...but sometimes things get to you and you "go off."

From what I can tell of the majority of our community here, if you own up to it, they're willing to forgive and work with you.

Hell we're all screwed up in some way.

Peace,
MT

Looks like what prompted Alan's response was not shared. I suspect there is a reason, i.e., it was just as obnoxious as Alan's response.
Shows intentional misleading by the complainant. Doesn't make it right but, it is dubious and one sided, nonetheless.

I would have to agree that those cigars are far from what we on CP would call premium.
Did he intentionally misrepresent? Hard to say but, based on what was said versus what was done, it is the pot calling the kettle black when he admonished the buyer's experience, when he himself either had no clue, or intentionally embellished. Not good at all.

He did refund the money. That HAS to be placed in the plus column. Regardless, any future sales should be scrutinized, have very specific descriptions, etc.
I wouldn't say this is scum bag list worthy but, I would use wisdom in any dealings, if at all.

My impression is that NOT everybody who bought complained. Those who did, were refunded. I think it is left to a buy from him at your own risk, don't buy from him if you don't like him, but DO NOT take every opportunity to grind him into the sand. Other members have posted in ridiculous fashion, and were redirected to better behaviour. To attack at every opportunity, based on these events, just as a matter of course, is not warranted. To ignore him if you choose to do so, yes.

Should any possible future buyers be made aware of the possible risk? Yes, but not with attacks, and possibly with guidelines for the sale. 

Is he a thief? NO!

Was he temperamental? Yes

Do his social skills need some work? Yes, seems so.

Does he react inappropriately to attacks on his character or unproven claims of deception or malice. Yes. Many here have.

Did he make truly violent threats? Absolutely not, and to turn putting someone over your knee as a valid threat is sensationalizing the event. Especially when what prompted that response was intentionally left out. Regardless, his response was uncalled for, stupid, and immature.

Now, we can try to help and lead him be a better member, ignore him, or just carry on with the unrest and bring the atmosphere of the forum down. 

All my opinion, of course, but based on trying to be fair. He has apologized again. He was not BANNED. Rod, of course may or may not come to some sort of decision. I'm sure it will be appropriate if he does. 

Nicely and fairly put Dan

I would be interested in seeing the entire PM. Not just Alan's response for full transparency.

Rod gave his ok for a sale - it's his board.

This forum has a long memory, some are taken less giving more chances - once bitten and all.

Take it as it comes and enjoy the ride!

grateful1 said:

This forum has a long memory, some are taken less giving more chances - once bitten and all.

I have a problem with this Gary and the other Gary as well! The quality of their links and the quotes are epic fails for the most part. Carry on, that is all!

tone-ny said:

I have a problem with this Gary and the other Gary as well! The quality of their links and the quotes are epic fails for the most part. Carry on, that is all!

We've been a little busy with Jonesy and his pal....LINKY!

I have since deleted the threatening (as far as I interpreted it) PM that I received some years ago when I pointed out an eBay sale for similar cigars I had sold to him at msrp.  At the time it was forwarded to Rod and he made whatever decision he made. I will continue to have my opinions.

This has all been hashed out in the past...but some of us remain unconvinced.

If you weren't involved in any of the PMs your speculation about what prompted the response is unfounded. Many simply posed questions and got the response.

tone-ny said:

I just don't know what to say Anthony... ???

Sorry....

Rod also pulled his sale.

I thought that those that didn't know the past had a right to know before they bought.

I did clear things up with Alan via a pm and apologize for the wording I used when describing what happened.

I've read those threads, quite some time ago in fact. It was not CP's best moment.

Not sure what more some of you want - Alan isn't selling his cigars here.  I've asked that he sell them elsewhere.  

Alan - I don't believe you ever "screwed" anyone.  You offered grab bags for a charitable donation.  When some complained that they weren't good enough, you offered a full refund.  I really fail to understand how anyone can interpret that he was trying to take advantage of members.  

I think it's safe to say we all have our own opinion...

In my opinion, all of the alleged threats should be made public if the intent is to warn the unsuspecting. So far what I have seen does not rise to the level of an actual threat. Abusive and immature, sure, but less than an actual threat. I do not consider the suggestion of administering an over the knee spanking to a stranger one has never met nor is likely to meet, to be a credible threat. Especially when the suggestion can easily be seen as figurative.

Rod said Alan isn't selling his cigars here. The members have been warned about this previous issue. If more information is needed couldn't it be done in PMs instead?

Isn't it best this topic be dropped completely?

jfields said:
I told you how I felt and not to get your panties in a wad ... ;)
Is that an "atuck"? :p

....and here is my opinion!
MTovarez said:
Rod said Alan isn't selling his cigars here. The members have been warned about this previous issue. If more information is needed couldn't it be done in PMs instead?

Isn't it best this topic be dropped completely?
Dude, you might have an '08 membership date and think that grants you special privileges, but to me, you're a brand new noob  don't really need to be dropping your .02 in on a thread where you weren't around for the backstory and just came back in time to post in these threads. Chill out guy and earn your way back in.

x2 what MadMonk said. I joined CP because of a recommendation from ATUCK. I have dealt with him in the past and found him to be upfront and honest. Alan could have, and should have handled the daggers better considering the past and his knowledge of the rules, but like MadMonk said, there were members just waiting to attack. I think it would be hard for any grown ass man to tuck tail and just take assault, years after he thought it was made right (via refunds). Unless there is more evidence to the accusations that is not "confidential", this whole conversation is extremely petty and childish. He said, she said...

Edit: typos