• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Why I don't buy cigars from April thru OCT

rectifythis

CP; may cause dependency
I don't usually do any buying from April to September October and today is a good example of why...

I live in Arizona...

It's mid-May

Current temperature: 110.

It sucks because it seems like all the best deals are happening now. :(

EDIT: 2008 was a long summer....all the way through October. Temp on Halloween: 100. 2nd week of Nov the temps are finally cooling down. It's about 79 today. Cigars inbound. :whistling:

Ugh.... You should get a surrogate person to order and keep em till a certain point is reached and then overnight. :) hehe. With the money saved from the good deals you could still save money and get the sticks!!!! just my .02 though :)

Don

It sucks because it seems like all the best deals are happening now. :(
Nah, it just seems that way 'cause you're teasing yourself by looking around at the current specials o' the day. I really think Christmas time is when the insane crazy deals of the year are in full swing. Makes perfect sense for that to be so, as retailers of all types have to fight with each other for each dollar not going to fund Santa's workshop. Winter season is also a great time for cigar packages to travel - even with mail delays factored in. My suggestion would be to stop teasing yourself by looking at them sites when it's Hades hot! :laugh:

Right there with ya bro. Whenever the weather starts to get in the 70's-80's... I'm pretty done with purchasing unless it's a really good deal. Just not worth the risk.

Solution: Haier Wine Cooler!
I believe he is referring to the heat exposure to the cigars during their transit to his porch. Many people put off their cigar purchasing and trading during the summer season.

Ding!

I do have a wine cooler (soon to have a second) but packages could be on a hot truck for up to 10 hours. No thanks.

As for the surrogate, I think overnighting would probably negate the savings.

As for the sweet deals...I just posted the Graycliff insanity which I couldn't get. 18 Double Espressos and 20 1666's for 199?! Insanity.

C'mon winter!

Got my eyes on some nice isom's.... :cool:

Most vendors will store cigars for you if you ask.

Thats not a bad method there. That we you get some age on the cigars you buy during those months to make them last at least. :)