• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wifey Slap me back to reality

Had a guy here in our unit that bought a 500$ watch. It randomly stopped working 2 weeks later. Just because it has a high price tag does not mean its going to last forever. That seems to be your current viewpoint.

Had a guy here in our unit that bought a 500$ watch. It randomly stopped working 2 weeks later. Just because it has a high price tag does not mean its going to last forever. That seems to be your current viewpoint.
No... This what I expect from a higher price tag:

- Better build and material
- Better craftsmanship, leading me to stress less about it breaking, could it break? Heck yes! anything can break!
- Better country of origin, heck I rather have a French lighter then a Chinese one, BTW Bic is a awesome lighter!
- AND it would be a DuPont or a Dunhill =)

Wifey said no tho...

Can’t fault the guy for wanting to spend some cash. Not sure if you will see a steady price to performance increase though

For that price that lighter better refill itself, work flawlessly for 30 years, and cook me some crepes Suzettes every Sunday. What I'm saying is...a $800 lighter is probably gonna perform the same as an $80 lighter. You're not really paying for the build quality, you're paying for the name and prestige.

And honestly, a cheap bic lighter made in gawd knows where might out-perform them all.

ETA: All that said, it's your money, dude. It doesn't make much difference to me.

Having spent a few days in the Navy, I have a feeling there's more to this story.

Doc

For that price that lighter better refill itself, work flawlessly for 30 years, and cook me some crepes Suzettes every Sunday. What I'm saying is...a $800 lighter is probably gonna perform the same as an $80 lighter. You're not really paying for the build quality, you're paying for the name and prestige.

And honestly, a cheap bic lighter made in gawd knows where might out-perform them all.

ETA: All that said, it's your money, dude. It doesn't make much difference to me.

Bic, Made in France, $1...
DuPont, Made in France... a few more dollars.
Make sense! Damn I hate it when my wife is right!

PS: She will NEVER see this post tho =)

We all have our vices and things we like to spend money on. For me it's good beer, smokes, and hookers.

Some day there will be something you NEED that costs $700.00, but you'll have a broken lighter instead. Darn.

Having spent a few days in the Navy, I have a feeling there's more to this story.

Doc

Bought a $50.00 Tag Heuer "replica" from a vendor in Saudi that worked like the real thing for years. One day it stopped working, and I mourned it like one mourns their dead hamster. I still wore the fugger with my good suit, though. No one ever looks close enough at your watch to tell it isn't spinning...

Doc

Bought a $50.00 Tag Heuer "replica" from a vendor in Saudi that worked like the real thing for years. One day it stopped working, and I mourned it like one mourns their dead hamster. I still wore the fugger with my good suit, though. No one ever looks close enough at your watch to tell it isn't spinning...

Wow man, we mourned our hamster for months. That was deep...

Doc

Wow man, we mourned our hamster for months. That was deep...

Tell me about it... My daughter's hamster expired last month after nursing it for two weeks with progressively-worse pink eye. Turns out there's some conjunctivitis epidemic with rodents in Europe, or something. Now we've got friggin' guinea pigs. The kid STILL cries herself to sleep at night.

OK, she doesn't, but the four-year-old cried a little bit when they took it up on the nature trail to bury it.