• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Windows 7....anyone play with yet?

Mr Peat

Rich Perelman, "Loren you have a Godlike Presence.
Well, I have Windows 7 installed on the computer right now. Its just a little better version of Windows Vista. Like the Aero program is much better than the Vista Version. Like if I open up Firefox, I can go back and open up more. I then put the mouse cursor over it and you can see every browser open and scrolls as you move it. Instead of a smaller window on the background, its now a full side browser. Its pretty nifty so far.

Alas, I am finding bugs all over the place. Like it drops the Sound drivers or it will disconnect from the internet. More than a minor inconvenience, but its still pretty fun so far.

Anyone else using it at the moment and what have your experiences been? It does make me want a cigar and smoke inside but I can't. :(

Hope you have backup.
Usually I like to wait at least a year before I try any new software or anything electronic.
They will be working hard for the next months clearing all the bugs that missed the QC.

Some people like getting the latest and greatest installed. They must also like re-fronting the server every week.

Its just Beta...I get to play test rabbit with it is all. I couldn't see paying premium for it as I feel this should be a Service Pack to Vista.

apple-logo1.jpg

Get a REAL computer!

Even MS software runs better on a Mac! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

~Boar

W7 will be a major improvement over Vista (hopefully). From what I've seen, it has a very nice GUI. Now that I keep Vista updated, I have no problems.

W7 will be a major improvement over Vista (hopefully). From what I've seen, it has a very nice GUI. Now that I keep Vista updated, I have no problems.

I've run into problems like its deleted files I saved. It likes to boot me off the internet. Sometimes the sound stops working completely. If you use Disk cleanup, it can wipe everything you had. It even zapped my back ground and many other things. Its been interesting to play with. It even deleted files I had saved from downloading.

I had no problems with Vista whatsoever. Only problem I had was trying to download the Russian language pack and the video driver that was supposed to help the SLI set up I have.

Now for Windows 7, I can not report bugs just yet. I can't wait as I have a decent list so far. All it is a version of Vista and the stuff in it should have been released as Vista. All Windows 7 is so far is a glorified version of Vista Ultimate with some of the bells and whistles gone while adding other features. Time will tell how it works out but knowing MS, they will rush it.

Nah, I don't want to screw up a perfectly screwed up system! :laugh:

No interest when XP does everything I need it to do and the only improvement is "ooo shiny!".

That is so funny. I can say I enjoy some of the newer features in Windows 7 Beta, but I formatted the drive and got rid of it. I went back my my Vista Ultimate. I had many issues with the Windows 7 beta. One of them being the massive received I monitored on my network connection. You could have 15 meg worth of received packets of whatever it was within 5 mins. :0 No idea and even my brother can't figure out the heavy use on the net inbound.

So I would lose my connection to the net all the time. My brother didn't have the same problems I did. His computer is nearly identical to mine so thats weird. Other thing is I would lose my sound card from SB. That sucked as my computer is my whole entertainment system. Plus a couple of other things like using Disk Cleanup and it erased things I had downloaded and saved to a different folder. Like I said...some features is very nice for what I do and still till this day it should of went to a Service pack for Vista.

Anyways...Beta is unstable and anyone that tries it will find and experience different problems. I will probably try it again in a couple of weeks when they start getting the Bug reports in but as of right now, its just a glorified version of Vista Ultimate.

Got bored the other day - decided to install a few different versions.

Buggy, clearly beta. Overall nothing ridiculously impressive or eyecatching, as per usual with most Windows versions before the first one or two service packs. It seemed to run smoothly and whatnot, but I have very high end hardware.

Sticking to a tweaked XP. Vista is pretty much trash unless you tweak the absolute bagesus out of it. I'm sure most true nerds (not the new found Apple bandwagoners) will agree with me here:

linuxpeng.jpg

Got bored the other day - decided to install a few different versions.

Buggy, clearly beta. Overall nothing ridiculously impressive or eyecatching, as per usual with most Windows versions before the first one or two service packs. It seemed to run smoothly and whatnot, but I have very high end hardware.

Sticking to a tweaked XP. Vista is pretty much trash unless you tweak the absolute bagesus out of it. I'm sure most true nerds (not the new found Apple bandwagoners) will agree with me here:

linuxpeng.jpg

I have Vista tweaked and it runs perfect for me. I'm by far not a computer nerd either. You couldn't pay me a monthly fee to use a Apple computer. I prefer to play around with the system than have one invented that a monkey in a pink throng could use. :laugh:

You couldn't pay me a monthly fee to use a Apple computer. I prefer to play around with the system than have one invented that a monkey in a pink throng could use. :laugh:

Hey! I resemble that monkey!

I use a Windows box running XP at work (no choice).

My home desktop is a 20" iMac.

My laptop used to be a 17" MPB but I decided to get a 15" Dell XPS laptop fully loaded this time around. Damn thing has been "In Production" since late December. Was supposed to ship 1/9 and they emailed me and said the new shipping date is 1/21. Bastards.

I'm downloading the Windows 7 Beta to run in Boot Camp and/or Parallels on my iMac as we speak....

I probably shouldn't even get involved in this thread but oh well.

I run Windows 7 beta on my custom build gaming machine. I have had it on here since it was released and I haven't run into any problems yet. Hell, it even recognized all my hardware right off the bat. All games I have put on it run fine along with all my applications.

Also, I have ran Vista since Beta 2 on multiple machines and never had a problem with it either. Biggest problem with vista wasn't the OS itself, it was with the hardware and software manufacturers. Not to mention computer companies putting Vista on machines that should be still running XP.

All I gotta say... Please don't let this thread turn into one of those infamous Mac vs Windows vs Linux threads.