• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wine glasses

My hodge-podge stemware collection includes several Vinum pieces that've held up very well.

Everytime I look through the Wine Enthusiast catalog, though, I'm intrigued by the Tritan stemware, that's supposed to be much more breakage-resistant.

They used the Tritans this year at the ZAP festival (a very large, annual Zinfandel festival with hundres of wineries fouring hundreds and hundreds on Zins) and learned that they aren't "breakage-resistant" at 3-4 feet off the ground :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: . Not bad stemware though.

:cool:

Hell, I learned the limits of "breakage-resistant" with a Corelle bowl years ago. I dropped one 3-4 feet onto a tile floor and it practically exploded. I found Pyrex slivers for weeks afterward.

We were wondering about those glasses the entire day and even tested the limits a couple of times. Towards the end of the day I had ended my tasting and moved into the booth that I was assigned to work. While working I was watching a group of friends who were still "tasting", well into the fifth hour mind you, when one of the ladies forgot she was holding a glass and decided to just let her hand relax. Boy, did that glass shatter ... our end of the pavilion broke out into a full applause :D

what do ya think of the Reidel brandy glass..for scotch?
Why wouldnt you just get the Reidel scotch glasses?

The Reidel cognac glass is tulip shaped, looks very similar to what MJ is pictured drinking out of...their scotch glass is not tulip shaped.

I was gifted a couple of the reidel cognac glasses, and have been using em for scotch. Just wondering if it would be worth picking up a couple of the scotch glasses as well.

Here's another interesting thing about those Tritans ... I them them sitting on a shelf in the dining room, along with the other overflow stemware, and I noticed they have become very dusty. The other glasses in the hutch aren't nearly as dusty looking, infact I don't see any dust on them at all. Anybody else experience this?

I'll help you winos out :p
Sam's is having a 15% Off Glassware and Accessories sale for the next few days.

I need to clarify that we're talking about glass? I find my scotch tastes great from my Kohls glassware. If I paid the prices you guys are suggesting for 4 stinking glasses I'd have no money left for Pistols and shotguns. :love:

I need to clarify that we're talking about glass? I find my scotch tastes great from my Kohls glassware. If I paid the prices you guys are suggesting for 4 stinking glasses I'd have no money left for Pistols and shotguns. :love:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: