• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wine-O-dor Question

gunsandcigars88

I was wondering if there is anything that I am supposed to do about the light smell that my wine cooler has to it? I know I can't bleach water it, but I was just wondering if all of you do something to them first?
Thanks in advance!
B

I would wipe it down with a baking soda / water solution. That seems to do the trick. If you are talking about the one Mark Twain recommended recently (Urbina Designs) it was packaging that smelled and had infiltrated the cooler. A wipe down with the BS/water solution and sitting overnight full of empty boxes alleviated everything for me within 12 hours.

I would wipe it down with a baking soda / water solution. That seems to do the trick. If you are talking about the one Mark Twain recommended recently (Urbina Designs) it was packaging that smelled and had infiltrated the cooler. A wipe down with the BS/water solution and sitting overnight full of empty boxes alleviated everything for me within 12 hours.

Yup, that's what I have done and it works well.

Ahh, wonderful. Answers to a question before I even need it! Go CP!!!

That is whenever I get this darn cooler. :(

Don

You will not even notice the smell after it is crammed full of cigars. :D

It took 4 days so far to go from UT over to Il!! At this rate I might have it in a few more weeks. :( So sad, but oh well. I don't have to spend the money just yet so that makes the wife a bit happier!!

Don

It took 4 days so far to go from UT over to Il!! At this rate I might have it in a few more weeks. :( So sad, but oh well. I don't have to spend the money just yet so that makes the wife a bit happier!!

Don

Doesn't give a delivery date yet?

How strong of a solution do I need to use, and I don't have any empty boxes right now. is that going to be a problem?
B

2 cups water, 1/3 cup baking soda should do it. The lack of boxes is not a problem you just wont have that yum, yum cedar smell.

Rub it down with alcohol. The plastic smell comes from the degassing of the plastic as it fully dries out. The alcohol will help speed up this process, then let it sit in full direct sunlight to further the process. This worked for me.

2 cups water, 1/3 cup baking soda should do it. The lack of boxes is not a problem you just wont have that yum, yum cedar smell.

Thanks for the recipe Interscape! I will get this done sometime today. It will get that cedar smell after I put all of the full boxes in there. I just don't have any empty boxes.
B