• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Winter Humidity

Lil_mac14

Hey all,

So i've done some searching on the forums and around the net, and I found a couple good tips and tricks but I'd like to get some more advice.

I live in Boston Ma, and this winter has been pretty brutal so far will snow and cold temperatures, and I've been having such a hard time keeping the humidity level in my humi up around 70%. It's easy to keep the temp up around 70F, but the air is so dry (using a small space heater in my room) that the humidity always seems to be low. I have a digital hygrometer and a Humi-Care Crystal gel humidification jar in there, but being such a small humidor the jar takes up a ton of space. The jar has been working fairly well to keep up the humidity, but I'm wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks to help keep humidity up in these cold months.

Thanks in advance!

-Craig

Try this.

There are a lot of topics on this. Search a bit more next time, you'll find it. Get rid of that gel crap, it'll only cause you headaches!

Welcome to CP!

Thanks for the link bluue, I've seen the Heartfelt beads around and have done some looking into them before I posted this topic. Nice to know that the Gel-crystals are crap, guess I should have never wasted the money on that stuff.

Thanks for the link bluue, I've seen the Heartfelt beads around and have done some looking into them before I posted this topic. Nice to know that the Gel-crystals are crap, guess I should have never wasted the money on that stuff.

No worries, brother. I did the same thing before I found this place. The gel looks so cool that it should work, right? :laugh: I lost a good number of sticks due to the unreliability of that gel crap.

Anyway, heartfelt is the way to go and they are virtually maintenance free other than spritzing with distilled water every now and then. RH will be steady as a rock even through the winter.

Good luck!

Awesome thanks a ton! As for maintaining a proper temperature without drying out the air, probably not much can be done for that huh?

A couple of topics down from yours was one started by the esteemed Tone-ny about this. Read that. If your humidity is anywhere in the 60%+ range in the winter, you'll be fine. There are even people, like me, who prefer their smokes stored at the lower 60s year round. Unless you are substantially lower and your humidor isn't holding RH, don't sweat it. You'll be fine.