• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wondering if this is a hokey idea

Gonz

Ultra Runner
A buddy of mine that lives out of the country was thinking of looking for a box of cigars with a July 03 box code. His son was born in that month/year, so he thought it might be a nice thing to pick up, then age a bunch of them for when his son turns 18 or for some other special occasion, such as a father/son camping trip, or whatever.

I told him I'd ask the nice folks here to see if anyone else has ever done that, or had any ideas.

I think it's a great idea and I know many that have done the very same :)

A great idea...Just tell him to start searching for that particular box-code

I think I'll do that for my wedding anniversary. Need to find an 11/03 box of goodies. Cool idea!

EDIT: Mmmmm, Partagas 8-9-8 varnished from 11/03. :love:

I don't think it's hokey at all. I plan on doing the same thing when my kid arrives in January.

So I don't think I'll (I mean HE) will have a problem finding a 7/03 box date.

However I think I may have to wait a while for a 3/06 box code! (Just found out last week!)

congrats gonz! better smoke good now, wont have all that extra money once the kid arrives :thumbs:

OutlawD said:
congrats gonz! better smoke good now, wont have all that extra money once the kid arrives :thumbs:
[snapback]206194[/snapback]​

This will be our second, so hopefully this won't be too big a change. Luckily our 2 year old is sleeping through the night and starting to become a little more independant, so I'll have more time for the new one, who will demand it!

Congrats Gonz.

He shouldn't have a hard time finding a 7/03 box code. The problem might be finding a specific brand/vitola w/ that specific box code.

LOOK AT ME>>>LOOK AT ME :p :laugh:

I have a box of Sancho Panza Non-Plus, dated April 1998 and still sealed...The month and year my youngest daughter was born.

Not going to crack it open till gradgeeation day. :D

Gonz said:
So I don't think I'll (I mean HE) will have a problem finding a 7/03 box date.

However I think I may have to wait a while for a 3/06 box code! (Just found out last week!)
[snapback]206191[/snapback]​

WOW! Congrats Gonz. A blessing for you and your family.

Listen to the people...it is not a bad idea at all. My dog said there is nothing wrong with it either so there you go.
:whistling:

Gonz said:
This will be our second, so hopefully this won't be too big a change. Luckily our 2 year old is sleeping through the night and starting to become a little more independant, so I'll have more time for the new one, who will demand it!
[snapback]206197[/snapback]​

Congrats on the newbie! Oh, and I had a good laugh at the notion of the older one sitting by and letting you give all the attention to the newbie :laugh:

It's a great idea. I know when I have a kid I'll be doing the exact same thing.

I think this is a great idea. Another option is to buy vintage port if its available for that particular year. Vintage ports need about 2o+ years before they reach their potential. So they are perfect to drink when your child reaches that special age.

IgwanaRob said:
Gonz said:
[snapback]206197[/snapback]​

Congrats on the newbie! Oh, and I had a good laugh at the notion of the older one sitting by and letting you give all the attention to the newbie :laugh:
[snapback]206419[/snapback]​

Yeah, so did I. :laugh:

Congrats Gonz!!! :thumbs:

You may get lucky and the older sibling may take a real interest in the new addition which will make it much easier to give baby more attention. But trust me, you certainly will be pulled in both directions. :p

Sorry for the threadjack. I think the idea is a great one! :)