• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Worlds Fastest Production Car

How fast can you go from traffic light to traffic light? LOL.

Eric

Something else to put on the Xmas list.

How fast can you go from traffic light to traffic light? LOL.

Eric

Autobahn. There's a car market outside of the USA you know.

And us faithful in the USA get track days, the Salt Flats and the various top speed run events put on by the Highway Patrols for mucho $$$.

I thought the Bugatti Veyron was top dog. Am I thinking of yesterday's news?

Besides, the Bugatti ran for chump change... 1.2 mil. Give or take.

*edit*
I am a humble guy. I guess I'd settle for this:
2006_BMW_M6_exfrpass342.jpg

And it's more affordable for you penny pinchers. Only 80K.

Yeah, that explains why it's so "slow." LOL.

Straight line, its fast. Though not quite as fast as the Kon*weirddutchname*sieg Now lets put it up against a Carrera GT or Enzo on a track and see who crosses the finish line first.

I don't remember ever claiming it would be the fastest around a track. Personally, i would take an Enzo over any of these newfangled supercars. That's just me, though, I've been in love with Ferrari since I drove my buddy's father's 328 back in 1988 or so. I was 14 years old, and had no business behind the wheel of our go-karts, let alone a Ferrari.
Now, the Carrera GT...my Dad's the Porsche man in the family, and I'd love to race him in the Enzo.

Autobahn. There's a car market outside of the USA you know.
Never been pulled over by the Polizei or been flashed by a radar camera, have ya? :laugh:

By the time I was assigned to Germany, the country-wide speed limit was 130 kph. Can't speak about other countries' Autobahns and I don't know for sure if that's still the case in Germany but I suspect that it is. Of course, that doesn't mean that I and my little beater weren't sometimes passed by a Mercedes or Porsche doing 200+.

Wait a minute...country wide 130 KmH limit in germany? Even on the Autobahn? There goes one of the fun things I have always looked forward to doing. Damn.

i'm guessing that for under 20K you could have a sportbike with equal or better speeds.

Never been pulled over by the Polizei or been flashed by a radar camera, have ya? :laugh:

No I have not, and I've done 150mph, or 241 klicks, on the autobahn. Past cameras and past Polizei.

By the time I was assigned to Germany, the country-wide speed limit was 130 kph. Can't speak about other countries' Autobahns and I don't know for sure if that's still the case in Germany but I suspect that it is. Of course, that doesn't mean that I and my little beater weren't sometimes passed by a Mercedes or Porsche doing 200+.

Uh, No. There has never been a country wide 130kph speed limit for the Autobahn in Germany. There is a recommended speed limit of 130kph, which is not binding in any manner what so ever. Unless you crash. In which case you are said to be "increasing operating danger" and deemed partially responsible for any accident you are in because of your speed.

However, ~50% of the Autobahn in Germany does have varying speed limits. Certain vehicles (big rigs, cars with trailers, buses and the like) have speed limits. Germany also uses changing speed limits (via electronic signs and traffic density) in highly populated areas. But 50% of the Autobahn remains speed limit free.

I mean this is Germany; The country that has a race track (the Nordschleife/Nürburgring) as a public toll road.

what aureous said but they do ticket when roads are wet. secondary roads they are cracking down on most are only 100-120 kph.

Uh, No. There has never been a country wide 130kph speed limit for the Autobahn in Germany.

Much different story than I got while I was there...but I'm more than willing to consider the source. I do know that one of our leadfoot doctors got more than one phototicket and I was given to understand that one (or more) of them was for exceeding 130. Good thing for him, his wife was a German magistrate of some sort. I myself was flashed (but not ticketed) in an area that had no restrictions other than the 130.

But then, I'm no motorhead speed demon, by any means. My little beater had a wicked shimmy between 130 and 140 kph and I only had it up to 160 once...and not for long, at that.