• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wrong, all wrong

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
I don't know what idiots voted for MVP in the super bowl but they got it wrong. The Giants defense was the MVP. Manning was just some mediocre quarterback who got lucky.

While I don't disagree, he did have a hell of a 4th quarter to include 2 TDs and a game winning 83yd drive. I can see the defense getting it, but I don't think it's terribly far fetched.

Yep, Tuck, Osi, or Mitchell all were more deserving than Eli I thought.

It's a Most Valuable Player (notice no s) Award. They can't give it to more than one guy. I agree the D was the most important unit to them winning, but what one player stood out. I would have voted for Justin Tuck, but you can't knock em for giving it to Manning. In full disclosure I still think Eli sucks, he's just gotten hot at the right time.

Ray's right...Big Blue's D was more valuable.
Exactly...if the D didn't keep the pressure on Brady all night, the Giants Lose. I think David Tyree would have been a better offensive choice anyway....a touchdown, plus the catch he bobbled then held the ball to his helmet not to drop it to keep the drive going.

Come on, we all know Defenses rarely get the credit they deserve. It's always Offensive players who win these awards.

Come on, we all know Defenses rarely get the credit they deserve. It's always Offensive players who win these awards.

I'll go durther than that. Lineman never get the credit. DBs and LBs can occasionally get that kind of credit, but when do you see a Lineman? HArvey Martin and Richard Dent are the 2. No OL, no DT. Heck, only 2 LB have ever won it. It's all the flashy guys.

I don't know what idiots voted for MVP in the super bowl but they got it wrong. The Giants defense was the MVP. Manning was just some mediocre quarterback who got lucky.

Someone told me this about boxing, and I think it applies to all sports. There is no such thing as a lucky punch. Effort and heart is what it comes down to.

While I am a Giants fan, I agree with you, and everyone else who was impressed Manning got the MVP award. I think it should have gone to Wes Welker of the Pats. There a dozen other names I would consider besides Wes on both teams, but with Tom's limited conditions, Wes did the best job of moving the ball for the Pats.

totally agree. the giants defense was just killing it all night

I totally agree with you AVB! No way Manning should have won it. They just wanted him to feel like he was as good as Peyton.

Strahan got my vote!

It's a Most Valuable Player (notice no s) Award. They can't give it to more than one guy. I agree the D was the most important unit to them winning, but what one player stood out. I would have voted for Justin Tuck, but you can't knock em for giving it to Manning. In full disclosure I still think Eli sucks, he's just gotten hot at the right time.

If I remember correctly, Dallas had Harvey Martin and Randy White share the MVP when they beat the Broncos in 1977. I think Tuck deserved the trophy myself. I'm not sure what he ended up with but he had two sacks, 6 tackles at one point and was harrassing Brady all day.

Yep! But with a last name of Manning it was his to lose!

Eli won that award with that last drive. The defense won the game, but when your quarterback engineers an 80+ yard touchdown drive with 2 1/2 minutes to go in the game, and that drive beats possibly the greatest team in NFL history, it's hard to say he isn't deserving. The league would MUCH rather give the award to one player instead of having multiple co-MVP's if not just for the marketability aspect (i.e. the Manning name, the "I'm going to Disney World" commercial, etc...). Also, Eli played a great game apart from just that last drive. He was virtually mistake-free (that interception was absolutely not his fault, he hit the receiver in the hands), and he did a great job of taking what the Patriots defense gave him. He could have easily tried to play the hero and start forcing balls into double-coverage (see: Brett Favre), but he showed great maturity in managing his team.

Once again, the Giants defense is the #1 reason that they won the game, but the fact that Eli got the MVP is FAR from ridiculous.

I'll stand by my opinion until Eli has a few good years under his belt and not just one.

Manning was just some mediocre quarterback who got lucky.

He could have easily tried to play the hero and start forcing balls into double-coverage (see: Brett Favre), but he showed great maturity in managing his team.

Once again, the Giants defense is the #1 reason that they won the game, but the fact that Eli got the MVP is FAR from ridiculous.

Eli won that award with that last drive. The defense won the game, but when your quarterback engineers an 80+ yard touchdown drive with 2 1/2 minutes to go in the game, and that drive beats possibly the greatest team in NFL history, it's hard to say he isn't deserving. The league would MUCH rather give the award to one player instead of having multiple co-MVP's if not just for the marketability aspect (i.e. the Manning name, the "I'm going to Disney World" commercial, etc...). Also, Eli played a great game apart from just that last drive. He was virtually mistake-free (that interception was absolutely not his fault, he hit the receiver in the hands), and he did a great job of taking what the Patriots defense gave him. He could have easily tried to play the hero and start forcing balls into double-coverage (see: Brett Favre), but he showed great maturity in managing his team.

The Steelers didn't play!

The Pats are way down on the list of all-time great teams. You have to remember the true dynasties BEFORE the salary cap. The cap changed the whole scope of the game.

The Pats are way down on the list of all-time great teams. You have to remember the true dynasties BEFORE the salary cap. The cap changed the whole scope of the game.

Are you saying it's easier to have a dynasty with the salary cap?

edit: Nevermind, I read it again and now I get it.