• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

WTF! My gas bill just went up 6 times!

See if you can increase the fan speed to get the discharge air temp down. If you can get your discharge air temp within 20-30 degrees F of the room temp, you'll eliminate that stratification in the high ceiling areas.
Ran them 24/7 in the appropriate direction based on the season....still cost a fortune.

While they looked awesome and gave the house a much more spacious feeling, you pay through the nose for that look every month in heating & and AC costs. Never again...I'm out of that money pit as Superstorm Sandy cured my desire to live in a waterfront community.

Ran them 24/7 in the appropriate direction based on the season....still cost a fortune.

While they looked awesome and gave the house a much more spacious feeling, you pay through the nose for that look every month in heating & and AC costs. Never again...I'm out of that money pit as Superstorm Sandy cured my desire to live in a waterfront community.

My apologies for not being clear on which fan I was talking about. I mean on your furnace. Most systems lower the fan speed on heat, when in reality it works better on a higher speed. Low speed = high temp which is what most folks want to feel, but high speed medium temp will actually warm the space faster and not stratify.

My apologies for not being clear on which fan I was talking about. I mean on your furnace. Most systems lower the fan speed on heat, when in reality it works better on a higher speed. Low speed = high temp which is what most folks want to feel, but high speed medium temp will actually warm the space faster and not stratify.
I ran that as well to redistribute the heat in the Winter. I even moved the return in the family room to capture more heat because I ran the fireplace quite often in the cold months.

I'm in the HVAC industry and did all I could to optimize the forced air system I had.....and it still cost me a good amount of money every month.

I ran that as well to redistribute the heat in the Winter. I even moved the return in the family room to capture more heat because I ran the fireplace quite often in the cold months.

I'm in the HVAC industry and did all I could to optimize the forced air system I had.....and it still cost me a good amount of money every month.

I figured with your screen name that you were a metal salesman. I'm in the HVAC industry, as well, working for a mfg rep firm.

I figured with your screen name that you were a metal salesman. I'm in the HVAC industry, as well, working for a mfg rep firm.
The screen name comes from the days when I worked in the heavy equipment business....the term 'ironpeddler' was someone who sold big earth moving equipment...aka: big iron. The old timers called those guys "iron peddlers". ;)