• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Xikar Cutters

Shiba

CP's Official Mortgage Broker
Reaction score
I am getting ready to buy a new cutter... my old one is worn out. Ihave been looking at these Xikar cutters. Are these cutters worth the money? Are they that much different? I am looking at buying one but I thought I would ask you all first.

Thanks.

IMO the best you can buy... Works like a charm and has a lifetime warranty. Plus it looks great. I prefer the aluminium casing to the fiberglass ones. Mine looks like this:
101.jpg

I sure like mine; mine has blue fiberglass handles. Not my first choice cosmetically, but I got it on CBid for a very reasonable price and it just works flawlessly. No complaints. A real pleasure to use; glad I have one.

One thing that was never made clear to me; it's my belief that the blades / cutters are identical in all the Xikars. Correct....??

Thanks - B.B.S.

All of the blades from Xikar are the same. Just the body finishes are diffrent.
The best thing is the lifetime exchange, if it happends to break.

Plus if you register on line they give you a nifty leather case! Just got my first Xikar from Cbid and it is worth it.

Dan

I prefer Palio, over the Xikars.

FYI: Xikar recently switched their production from Germany to China. I have heard complaints that the quality of the blades is inferior and that there is a distinct weight difference in the product. I suggest trying to source out "old stock" that has "Germany" inscribed in the blade.

Check this out.

http://www.cigar-cult.at/englisch/be203.htm

Shiba said:
I am getting ready to buy a new cutter... my old one is worn out. Ihave been looking at these Xikar cutters. Are these cutters worth the money? Are they that much different? I am looking at buying one but I thought I would ask you all first.

Thanks.
[snapback]235770[/snapback]​

Whew, you had me scared, had to get mine out and check. It was made in Germany.

MilesMingusMonk said:
I prefer Palio, over the Xikars.

FYI: Xikar recently switched their production from Germany to China. I have heard complaints that the quality of the blades is inferior and that there is a distinct weight difference in the product. I suggest trying to source out "old stock" that has "Germany" inscribed in the blade.
[snapback]235801[/snapback]​

Great... excellent information guys... I appreciate all the help and advice!!!

I just de-virginized my firsat Xikar tonight...absolutely the best cut I have ever got from a cutter. I thought "What could all the hype be about?" Now I know...glad I paid the cash ($40). Best money spent!!!

-Fetter

Good question, Shiba, I've been wondering the same thing. After reading this thread though, I think I'll go to cigarbid and pick one up!

Xikar cutters are crap in my opinion. They break all the time and their blades get dull very quickly.

The best cutter in my opinion is the Swiss Army Knife with the cigar cutter attachment. I have cut over 10000 cigars with mine and it still performs to perfection.

The only plastic guillotine cutter I have used is the Zino, and that is also a great cutter. I have friends who swear by the Palio, and I trust these guys to know what they are talking about.

Hmmmm... crap? That sounds a bit harsh for a premium cutter with an outstanding reputation and one who many people sware by. By the way, if they do break, you can return them because of their life-time warranty. One thing I'm not sure is whether they can be returned if the blades get dull? Anyone know?

I have one and like it a lot. It's the newer version so I cannot compare it to the German one's but it cuts great for me.

If it ever stops working great I will just send it back to them.

I've been using Xikar cutters for years and love the cut I get from it. I have a Black X1 and a Red XII. I had a Gold X1 that I misplaced back in 2001 and will continue to use them as long as I smoke ceegars...... :D :thumbs: :p

It might be only thing worth buying at Thompson's. They usually run a deal, 3 for $60. If you can do a split with a couple of other guys, it's a deal.

If you haven't ordered from Thompson's before, then you are in for a treat. Once they get a hold of your phone number, they will call you about 6 times a week trying to sell you all kinds of cigar related stuff. I think I finally shook them loose by telling them I only had 3 weeks to live and I was moving to Anarctica. :laugh: :laugh:

Lately, I have been using "407-555-1212" as my phone number for these types of places. It's amazing how many people don't even bat an eye when you give them the number for local information.

I have one (a Xikar), got the free leather case and it's very nice. It's my "special occasion" cutter.

Cheers,
Joe

Yeah, Thompson's can be a real pain in the A$$. However, that would be a good deal.