• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Xikar v-cutter

chiefmd

Bone Fixer
Just picked up one of these babies. Cool little item. Been wanting one for a while.
a6934c6a-ded9-661d.jpg

Just picked up one of these babies. Cool little item. Been wanting one for a while.
a6934c6a-ded9-661d.jpg

I have an extra leather sleeve for the V cutter. If you want it PM me your address. I'll send it for free. My Xmas present to you.

I like the v-cut. I just have a cheapie v-cutter instead of the Xicar, but it works very well.

a6934c6a-ded9-661d.jpg

I have an extra leather sleeve for the V cutter. If you want it PM me your address. I'll send it for free. My Xmas present to you.
thanks! That's awesome. I paid about 49 bucks for it. I got it at a store I was visiting on my road trip today so not my usual store. Can't vouch whether or not that is the going price. But looks great.

How well do you like the v cutter? I thought about buying one but would like someones advice first.

I will post a pic tonight when I use it for the first time. It will be late as we have 5 hours left on our drive home.

I have one of these cutters. I do like it and is my go to cutter. You can get the sleeves free on Xicar by just filling out the information page. Takes about 2 weeks.

I've got a buddy who has one of these, and I've used it a few times when smoking with him. I don't know what benefit it is supposed to supply over a traditional cutter or punch, but I guess it works well. I think it is best with 50 ring and up, as it just seemed awkward on smaller cigars. Mostly these have been used on Rocky Patel Decade toro's. Always a smooth draw, but nothing I haven't really experienced before with any other sort of cutter. Not sure it's worth $50.00, but, that's just my opinion.

Look nice Chief.

I love the V Cut, but always sturggled to find a good quality V Cutter. They have to be extremely sharp and stay sharp to slice through the cap. The cheaps one never work well or last.

By far the best one on the market is the Boston Cigar Cutter. They have a desktop and pocket cutter but are WAAAAAYYY expensive. I was able to find one of their pocket cutters on Craigslist for $35 bucks. Here is the link for the Lil Guy Pocket version (I have no affiliation with this company whatso ever)

http://www.bostoncigarcutter.com/little_guy.html

Having two Xikar in my possesion now, this looks like a cutter worth checking out.

By the way....try cutting a torpedo with a V Cutter........great way to smoke them.

well supposedly they change the way the smoke circulates and prevents the bitter buildup of oils, etc on the lip. not sure if thats what really happens but it makes for good reading on some of the other web pages i checked out. just something different i guess. everyone has different preferences

Also important to note that the Xikar is a reverse V rather than your typical point. Supposedly it draws the cigar in and makes a cleaner cut. Another option to the Xikar V-cutter is the Wolf V-cutter which is made by Xikar. It is a plastic body with the reverse V.