• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

You crazy hunters......

I can't count how mant times I've wanted to do this!

Just kidding... This really isn't a joking matter. Sorry for the ill timed humor.

Cigar Talk said:
Sorry for the ill timed humor.
.. maybe editing would help

And since we just had a thread where one of our own here had a stand stolen.. not good timing on the joke !

The people who only go out into the woods 'armed' on opening day, are not even hunters.

That was the one week we wouldn't even try to hunt.

We bow hunted from opening day in early October. Scouting, getting the deer flow down and finding the right spot to set up and hunt heavily the week before gun season.

We hunted a certain piece of public land every Saturday and got to know where the big fellow would travel. During that time, we saw 2 other hunters in 2 months. We went out that year on opening day and would never do it again. We counted over 30 hunters on the parcel of land. :0

Once the deer started to move around, it sounded like a war zone.

Heard from a couple of guys I worked with, it was the same on private land. Pepole don't know what 'No Tresspassing' means. :angry:

I'll stick to bow hunting any time.

The main reason I don't hunt anymore. Shot at twice in one year. Both times the "hunters" were shooting at sound. The sound was me trying to get back to my truck. Yes, I was wearing blaze orange. :0

I don't want to start trouble (yet again) so I'll just say - imagine the comments I might like to make about this incident. :sneaky:

other1 said:
.....imagine the comments I might like to make about this incident. :sneaky:
Make all the comments you want..... there are approx 14 million hunters in the United States and as sad as this particular event was when put in prespective it should be nothing more than a blip on the news scene. Add up all the whacko hunter killings in the past 20 years and I'll show you common everyday household items that kill more human life in one year.

Go where you want with this..... its nothing more than a whacko that killed people. It wasn't because he was a hunter and it wasn't because of the gun. It was because of the whacko!

Allofus123 said:
other1 said:
.....imagine the comments I might like to make about this incident. :sneaky:
Make all the comments you want..... there are approx 14 million hunters in the United States and as sad as this particular event was when put in prespective it should be nothing more than a blip on the news scene. Add up all the whacko hunter killings in the past 20 years and I'll show you common everyday household items that kill more human life in one year.

Go where you want with this..... its nothing more than a whacko that killed people. It wasn't because he was a hunter and it wasn't because of the gun. It was because of the whacko!
100% agreement

This whacko went off of the deep end at this particular time. It could have been about a parking space, the last item on the shelf, or even at a Piston's game, but, it happened to be on a tree stand. No doubt this guy was unstable. And the SKS in his hands presented itself as some sort of power.

Unfortunate happenings for sure. But, you are right. Not too many hunting incidents like this to speak of as opposed to say....................violent sports celebrations...........or arguements at youth sporting events.

M. Gipson

I agree totally! There are those who should not be allowed in the woods with a gun, or should be allowed to even utter the word gun. Been hunting for 22 years, have had my close encounters with the "stray shot" but never anything like this. This guy was clearly a psycho. Speaking of hunting, I am off on Friday to Ohio to do some hunting, 9 days on 2 pieces of PRIVATE {
la.gif
Kenny} property... Break out the Kevlar!! :D

PS. Who the hell hunts with a SKS? ???

Edited for the smart a$$!

Good luck Joe. :thumbs: I've been hunting for 24 yrs.with no problems.
The guy is a whacko bottom line.

Joe...I'm surprised it took as long as it did for someone to mention the "...hunts with an SKS" question. ??? I believe it also said twenty some shots were fired. Last time I checked, three was the max. in your rifle. I can see this guy with his bananna clip waitin' for a deer to run by. It would have sounded like a war zone. :angry: Definately NOT a hunter!!!! A killer!!!! And there IS a diffeence!!!

I can't imagine what "comments" you would want to make. ??? Innocent people are dead! Innocent people are injured! Families are without loved ones now! PLEASE tell me you wouldn't blame it on GUNS or HUNTERS or lack of gun laws! Please tell me you're not that ignorant! :angry: What I see in this incident sickens me. And to believe there are people out there who will offer up "excuses" for this piece of ****, sicken me even more. This piece of **** should swing from the town square. He should never see the light of day again. 24 hour lock-down would be too nice for this P.O.S.!! :angry:

If a man asks you to leave his PRIVATE property, take the opportunity to thank him and LEAVE! At least you're not goin' to jail! THIS is a prime example of why it is difficult to find places to hunt when you don't own land. No one wants the liability. People tresspass and then tear up the land. :angry:

Enough already. This is not going in a positive direction. I believe my feelings have been made known. ???

If you're a hunter, be careful out there. :)

Floyd T. :angry:

Ya know, this wouldn't happen if the darn things were illegal to possess in the first place :angry:

:sign: :sign:

JOE.M. said:
I am off on Friday to Ohio to do some hunting, 9 days on 2 pieces of privet property.......
Is Privet property better than private property? :p

Hey, haven't you been hunting in Ohio before? ROFLMAO! :lookup: :sign:

Boy are you people easy to get riled up. :lookup: I didn't actually say anything.

For the record, I'm not 'anti gun' or 'anti hunter', you are just jumping to rash conclusions without knowing me at all. Who is it that is ignorant?

Allofus123 said:
JOE.M. said:
I am off on Friday to Ohio to do some hunting, 9 days on 2 pieces of privet property.......
Is Privet property better than private property? :p

Hey, haven't you been hunting in Ohio before? ROFLMAO! :lookup: :sign:
Don't make me!!! :sneaky:

Yep! Been there before :D :sneaky: ;)

Funny, I don't recall saying that you did say anything. To be precise in what I said I told you to "make all the comments you want"..... which is far from jumping to any conclusion. So how far did you jump to make your conclusion? ROFLMAO :)

A napkin will wipe the egg off your face. ;)

As for the who is ignorant question...... not sure where you wanted to go with that but why don't you tell us who that might be.

I wasn't responding to your comments so keep the napkin for yourself.

PEOPLE SHOULD LEARN TO STFU WHEN THERE OPPINION IS NOT ASKED! OR WARENTED!!

NO NEED TO TURN A SIMPLE POST INTO A FLAME WAR! STEP OFF BEFORE YOU GET BURNT! :angry: