• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

You Learn Something New Every Year Pass aka...This space reserved...

My approved puts and takes:

Take: #130 Tatuaje RC184 Put: #151 Padron 1926 #1 natural
Take: # 16 Diamond Crown Maximus #4 Put: #152 Opus X petite lancero
Take: #24 LFD Mysterio Put: #153 Opus X Double Corona

Thanks for letting me participate with the Outlaw guys Phil. I'll get my lesson posted very soon.

Time to post some plays. Hope you guys like them.

--Puts--
La Flor Dominicana Bad to the Bone Party Pack Custom 2007
La Flor Dominicana Factory Press I

--Takes--
Avo 80th
Diamond Crown #6 Maduro

I'll get my "What I learned" lesson together and post that in a bit

I don't think the rarity on the LFDs is enough to make up for the price difference? If I'm wrong, please feel free to chime in but the puts seem to be a bit low.

--Puts--

--Takes--
Avo 80th
Diamond Crown #6 Maduro

I don't think the rarity on the LFDs is enough to make up for the price difference? If I'm wrong, please feel free to chime in but the puts seem to be a bit low.
The BTTB LFD was sold for $12 in the shop (only 800 were made). I think there were a few more AVO 80ths made (I know a shop that might have a box or 3 :whistling: ).

--Puts--

--Takes--
Avo 80th
Diamond Crown #6 Maduro

The BTTB LFD was sold for $12 in the shop (only 800 were made). I think there were a few more AVO 80ths made (I know a shop that might have a box or 3 :whistling: ).

Just curious as to what the price of the Avo 80th is at the Outlaw?

Cool, Thanks Brad. Thats one of those cigars that I have a few of but its been so long I can't evan make an educated guess on what they cost. Very much appreciated.

If the avo/BTTB sticks are only a buck off I don't have a problem with it, I think we are past nitpicking a small difference. I am up in the air on the FP1 because it was a $12 stick although I would guess they go for more now since they can't really be found, versus the DC which is pretty damn easy to find but 19 a stick at the 'msrp' guide. I am not particularly emotionally attached to either of the sticks (the put or the take) but I am concerned about setting a precedent for people using the trade guidelines here in their own passes.

I would really appreciate it if people would weigh in, because if we agree the rarity on the FP1 accounts for the price difference I am happy with that but I do want some idea we have a consensus on that.

snip--

I would really appreciate it if people would weigh in, because if we agree the rarity on the FP1 accounts for the price difference I am happy with that but I do want some idea we have a consensus on that.

I would agree the rarity more than makes up for the price.

Phil,
I would tend to agree as well... the rare factor should make up the difference? Or at least get it closer to be acceptable.

--Puts--

--Takes--
Avo 80th
Diamond Crown #6 Maduro

???

Which are you referring too?

Is the 80th out of the humidor?

I've found the 80th's for as low as $13.40.

I paid more when they were released.

--Puts--

--Takes--
Avo 80th
Diamond Crown #6 Maduro

???

Which are you referring too?

Is the 80th out of the humidor?

I've found the 80th's for as low as $13.40.

I paid more when they were released.

I was actually referring to both, but the DC is about $7 more than the FP1, although the LFD is obviously much more rare.

Any more thoughts on this before we call it and move along?

I have no problems with the rarity making up the $1 difference in the one trade, but is the FP1 really rare enough to increase the "value" of it 50%?

Hows this sound, I will take the FP 1 and replace it with a DC #6 Maduro.

Just a thought but in my book its more than a fair trade.

edit to add--

Put Pepin Baseball Bat
Take Opus Chili Pepper

What say ye....

edit to add--

Put Pepin Baseball Bat
Take Opus Chili Pepper

What say ye....
I personally don't think that's an even trade without knowing more about the bat. The Pepin bats can be had for free as of now with a sampler, if that's the same bat in question.

As Phil knows I've agreed to play but I won't be able to pick my selection till Jan 20th due to the cigars being so far from me and pretty safe. I have some nice smokes in my Armored Humidor and I have no idea if they will even make it back to KC. :laugh:

edit to add--

Put Pepin Baseball Bat
Take Opus Chili Pepper

What say ye....

D, is this one of the bats from this years Pepin event? If so I have a good picture of it, if anyone wants to see it.

edit to add--

Put Pepin Baseball Bat
Take Opus Chili Pepper

What say ye....
I personally don't think that's an even trade without knowing more about the bat. The Pepin bats can be had for free as of now with a sampler, if that's the same bat in question.
It's not. He made it himself at the Outlaw event this year.

Given that the bat was rolled by Pepin at the Outlaw I don't think it should be valued the same way as the promo cigar. I think it is a pretty reasonable put given the rarity of a cigar of that type actually rolled by Pepin himself. I don't think price is the critical factor here because frankly I assume it was given to Dirick, like most custom rolls are from big names. Just my two cents given the relative difficulty of assigning a price to a pretty unique cigar like that. Now pending any objections I think we are on to Scott!