• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Your dentist and you

So, I had a dental exam this morning and the dentist asked me if I “do” any tobacco products. I told him I recently began smoking cigars occasionally. He laughed and said “so do I!” The funny thing was I don’t know if he was blowing smoke up my butt or not, but I do know when I used to smoke and use smokeless tobacco, I used to get a 5 minute speech on dangers of tobacco, reason why I should quite and general crap like that. I think the dentist appreciated that since I do smoke occasionally, that this was not a habit, but more of a hobby and that it would be pointless to talk me out of it. I thought that was cool. Anyways, just sharing that.

My uncle is a dentist...and a big time cigarette smoker. I hope he isn't giving the tobacco lecture to everybody that sits in his chair!

Heh I believe it. There was a fellow here who retired from smoking a little while ago but he was a dentist. He even had me send his package to his dental office. Occasional cigars (for me that’s 1 or 2 a week) will phase you allot less then just normal eating habits. I don’t drink soda or coffee so I’m way ahead of the game as far as oral hygiene is concerned.

Funny you posted this today. I had an appointment with my Optometrist yesterday. I had gotten off earlier in the day and stopped by the local Cigar shop before the appointment so I had that lovely just-had-a-cigar aroma. He asked if I was a smoker and I told him I had a few cigars a week. He says, "Oh OK, I was going to give you my 'dangers of cigarettes' speech but you don't smoke cigarettes so no big deal."

Unlike the "Anti-Tobacco-Nazi" current position cigar smokers are not lumped into the same category by the health pofession as cigarette smokers.

I love the times when I am chating with a professional and I see a 3-finger cigar case siting on his desk. ... hard to keep the straight face after that.