• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

your favorite company

never had a pardon sounds like i need to get one P.D.Q.

Why are so many people turning down RP?
i love Fuente and Ashton as well but i like the strength of the Nicaraguan tobacco filler used in most of the RPs as opposed to the Dominican. Fuente and ashton are cigars i would smoke when i want a smoother one but when i like the full body taste i liked the RP 15th anniversary.

i love Fuente and Ashton as well but i like the strength of the Nicaraguan tobacco filler used in most of the RPs as opposed to the Dominican. Fuente and ashton are cigars i would smoke when i want a smoother one but when i like the full body taste i liked the RP 15th anniversary.

My favorite brand is Shiftkey..

If you told me I could only smoke one cigar brand for the rest of my life, I would easily pick Padron.

Runners up would be El Rey de Los Habanos and Fuente.

If Pepin still made smokes like he did before he dropped Padilla, The Original Miami 8/11 is probably my all time favorite cigar. All his cigars were better back then, imo.

I've always heard Rocky is a very personable dude and really gets out there to meet the smokers. He also frequently hosts tobacconists and smokers at his operations in Central America. Very excellent traits. The issue that many people have with Rockies is consistency. He comes out with new blends constantly, some of which can be very good. As he extends into new stuff, however, he neglects his older blends. I loved OWRs when they first came out, but now they just don't compare.

Probably because he, like Pete Johnson, have a buttload of cigar lines.
Buttload is an understatement. In my opinion, Rocky has a really diluted brand. He puts out so many different bands that it is hard to appreciate the few that he makes that are truly "premium" cigars. He seemingly is trying to hit every cigar smoker demographic, from newbie to fog, from mild to strong and from small vitola to large. Rocky also markets the hell out of his name. Here at CP, a lot more respect is given to cigar makers who let their product speak for itself....imao. Historically, I would be interested to know exactly how many different bands Rocky has put out there, including seconds. It has to be a huge number.

Plain and simple what is your favorite cigar company and why.

At this present time my favorite has to be rocky patel. Love the full bodied flavors of the Decade and the 15th anniversary. Also love the edge light as a smoother smoke and for a golfing cigar. Look forward to trying new cigars from rocky in the near future.

Davidoff

Cubatabaco

Habano S.A.

....anyone mention Padron yet...??....:p

That Pepin guy makes some pretty amazing stuff as well. My Father Le Bijou and the Pepin Blue Labels come to mind......

Buttload is an understatement. In my opinion, Rocky has a really diluted brand. He puts out so many different bands that it is hard to appreciate the few that he makes that are truly "premium" cigars. He seemingly is trying to hit every cigar smoker demographic, from newbie to fog, from mild to strong and from small vitola to large. Rocky also markets the hell out of his name. Here at CP, a lot more respect is given to cigar makers who let their product speak for itself....imao. Historically, I would be interested to know exactly how many different bands Rocky has put out there, including seconds. It has to be a huge number.
yeah i guess this doesn't sour me that much. i mean i just look at the ones that i really like (decade,15th, Edge lite) and stick with it dont even really acknowledge the other cigars. Also the marketing doesn't bother me either. I am impressed by how rocky gets out there and markets an is a very personable guy and it gets the name of the cigar out there like the decade but it doesnt have an affect on how i see his cigars.

Just my opinion.

If you told me I could only smoke one cigar brand for the rest of my life, I would easily pick Padron.

Runners up would be El Rey de Los Habanos and Fuente.

If Pepin still made smokes like he did before he dropped Padilla, The Original Miami 8/11 is probably my all time favorite cigar. All his cigars were better back then, imo.
Holy crap Im having one of those right now!!!!

Fuente forever btw.

My favorite right now has to be LFD. Both for their cigars and their wonderful employees.

Second would have to be Ashton, though for the LAdC and San Cristobal lines and not the Ashton lines themselves.

Padron is totally a great cigar, and when I can't decide what to smoke I usually grab one of those.

My favorite right now has to be LFD. Both for their cigars and their wonderful employees.

I really like the way Litto runs LFD as well. It's a true boutique brand that's not overextended. Ditto for Illusione, and I love how Dion pops in here from time to time.

yeah i guess this doesn't sour me that much. i mean i just look at the ones that i really like (decade,15th, Edge lite) and stick with it dont even really acknowledge the other cigars. Also the marketing doesn't bother me either. I am impressed by how rocky gets out there and markets an is a very personable guy and it gets the name of the cigar out there like the decade but it doesnt have an affect on how i see his cigars.

Just my opinion.

AF; I started out the same way, I only really smoked RP sticks. I didnt really know any other brands. But after experimenting (with cigars :D ) My tastes changed and now RP doesnt always do much of what he used to do for me. And it could also be that the quality does diminish with the vast quanity he is putting out. Most likely you will not have the same tastes in a year that you do now.

I will always be true to Rocky as he got me started, but for me I am a Pepin and Padron smoker; and 80% of my smokes are Pepin made.

Plain and simple what is your favorite cigar company and why.

At this present time my favorite has to be rocky patel. Love the full bodied flavors of the Decade and the 15th anniversary. Also love the edge light as a smoother smoke and for a golfing cigar. Look forward to trying new cigars from rocky in the near future.

Davidoff

Cubatabaco

Habano S.A.
:love:
Ditto QFT

People are hating on RP because there are better, more consistent smokes to be had for comparable money. There is also that element of RP and like brands creating artificial pricing so when they sell them at their actual price it seems like you are getting a deal. I can honestly say I would rather have a chateau fuente SG for 3 bucks a stick than any RP on the market. That isn't a dig against your taste, just my personal opinion. Smoke what you like.

Padron
Tatuaje Reserva's

I have to say that for the most part I've become bored with Fuente on a whole. I've got a dbl drawer full of Anejo and Opus that I can't remember the last time I pulled a smoke from for myself. Fortunately...both lines only get better with time.
A buddy that smokes RP's came by yesterday after I told him not to spend his unemployment check on cigars. He told me he likes Dominican and Honduran cigars ( ??? ). I gave him some Don Carlos 2's & 3's and a couple VSG's. I gotta do what I can to get him into something better than Rocky's. :whistling:

Padron I think has recently become my favorite. And I say recently because I don't get very many chances to enjoy a cigar so when I do, do I want to reach for one that might be really good, or one that I know will always be good. I think I could live off the 64's and the x000's and be happy.

I like to many different smokes to pick but if I had to it would be either Padron or AF all what mood I am in.

RP problem I have is the ego on him is Gigantic he has to have his face on everything.

I like

RP Sungrowns

RP 1990

RP OW

But like mentioned above, when the newest RP blend first hits the shelves its usually very very good.

But a year later... meh.

You need to try more Fuentes. They have some kick a** smokes. like the Opus xXx,
Anejo and Ashton VSGs.

Fuente is my favorite brand, but I really like PAMs as well. Fuente just has a wider range
of offerings and I never get a bad one, it seems. Very consistent, which is a plus. Try the
'new' rosados, like R-52 Magnum, too.
Good strength there, too.

Chemyst :cool:

i cant say i have a top one but maybe a top two and its Padron and Pepin and they change from being number one and two every other day depending what im smoking that day. Fuente could be in there too but i dont have alot of fuentes or smoke a lot of fuentes. what i do have of fuente are opus and anejos that i picked up on here so i cant use that as a basis because its like saying i only smoke 64's so padron is the best.

You need to try more Fuentes. They have some kick a** smokes. like the Opus xXx,
Anejo and Ashton VSGs.

Fuente is my favorite brand, but I really like PAMs as well. Fuente just has a wider range
of offerings and I never get a bad one, it seems. Very consistent, which is a plus. Try the
'new' rosados, like R-52 Magnum, too.
Good strength there, too.

Chemyst :cool:

its not as much the kick that i like as it is the presence of flavor. Never had an Opus xXx before but have had an Ashtion VSG eclipse before. Loved the VSG but it didnt have as much flavor as the My Father #2 did or the RP Decade or 15th anniversary. I am going to smoke another VSG next week so we will see if i feel any different after that.