• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Your favorite non-Opus Fuente

opusxfiles

Smoke Shackin'
So,

I was asking about Anejo Sharks on the boards and it was pointed out to me that last time I asked, I disappeared for two years... That cracked me up (guilty as charged, BTW...) but it made me realize something.

I don't know much about Fuente cigars! The cigar shop here carries a lot of them, but I mostly smoke Padrons. When I smoke a Fuente, it's almost always an Opus or a short-story.

So let me ask you good people...what Fuente cigars should I be smoking?

I know many of you smoke them all the time, and I honestly have no idea, so please educate me.

Thanks.

Rob

PS- I promise not to disappear again! :)

I think the God of Fire cigars are great, but very pricy. I also really like the Work of Art Maduro, but again it’s a limited release so it can be tough to find.

Of their stuff available most of the time, the Don Carlos is a pretty good line, and for a value smoke I really like the Chateau Fuente sungrowns and 858 maduros.

For everyday Fuentes that are not HTF, my goto is the Hemingway line.

Chateau Fuente Cuban Belicoso sungrown or the Chateau Fuente sungrown. There are no better Fuentes for the money.

Doc.

So let me ask you good people...what Fuente cigars should I be smoking?

Rob

PS- I promise not to disappear again! :)

The ones you enjoy. i personally never had a Fuente product before so I will learn a lot from this thread. Thank you for posting it. :thumbs:

I think the God of Fire cigars are great, but very pricy. I also really like the Work of Art Maduro, but again it’s a limited release so it can be tough to find.

Of their stuff available most of the time, the Don Carlos is a pretty good line, and for a value smoke I really like the Chateau Fuente sungrowns and 858 maduros.

+1 I love the God of Fire's (Don Carlos) but i cant smoke them everyday because of the price tag.

In my fairly limited experience, I really enjoy the Don Carlos line. Robusto fits me well.

WOAMS never fail as well. Or just about any of the Hemingways for that matter.

GOF Carlito Dbl. Robusto, Don Carlos #2, Hemingway Signature, Chateau Sungrown (in order of decreasing price).

I loves me some God of Fires, but not every day. :blush:

~Boar

The Sungrown Cuban Belicoso with a few years on it is sublime. I'm also a big fan of the Don Carlos line.

Chateau Fuente sungrown and Hemingway Short Story's.
Priced well and they smoke real nicely.

I always keep a stash of Hemingway (mostly maduros) and Anejos. Don Carlos are great, and they're always available. And add another vote for the Chateau sungrown...

Maybe you should have titled this thread: "What Fuentes to avoid?" :rolleyes: :D

For easily had Fuentes I like the sungrown wrappers, except the King B, and the Hemmingway line. On the rarer side Hemmingway maduros and anejos are great. I haven't had enough experience with the Don Carlos line to be opinionated about it.

Don't fuggin lie you fookin' snob!! You haven't smoked any Fuente in your life besides an Opus or an Anejo!! Stop leading the guy astray!

Hemingways, signature, classic, and short stories. I've said it here before, I would chain smoke these if I could afford it and had the time.