• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Your help needed to stop a bike ban!

I tried, but I couldn't get that damn math question right....you didn't tell us there would be math!

I lost half a finger in the NAVY so 9 1/2 is as far as I go. :laugh:

Banning bikes. That seems like a good idea :rolleyes:

I would sign if I could. Good luck with it. I ride my bike just about daily, its how I get back and forth to class. Couldn't picture a place where you can't ride a bike. Seems just weird to me.

Screw it, I'm going to wade in here.

Banning bikes? Yeah, that sounds pretty stupid on the first take. Except, I live close to Portland OR and let me tell you, the sense of "entitlement" that so many of the "bike family" around here feels is breathtaking. Running stop signs, backing up traffic behind them, flipping off cars for no other reason that we're in a car...yeah, great folks. God forbid that you ever touch one of the stop sign runners with your evil petroleum burning hate machine, even if they blow the stop sign going 40 MPH....because you WILL be at fault. Oh, don't forget the bicycle impact injuries that are incurred from bike folks jamming on the sidewalks and running into pedestrians....several a week. But, bikes are environmentally cool, and cars are not. Even though cars pay taxes through licensining fees and gasoline / diesel taxes, while bikes don't. Cars are evil, bikes are sexy. Yeah....I get it.

So, on the surface, banning bikes seems like a stupid idea. On the other hand, keeping the militant bike folks off a parkway where folks may want to be able to walk without fear of injury makes pefect sense to me. Wouldn't it be simple if everyone followed the rules of the road, obeyed the laws, displayed common courtesty for their fellow man...?/ Dream on, brother. That's why banning bikes is happening.

Grrrr......B.B.S.

Edited to add - There's a lovely older Peugot 12-speed in the garage that I ride every now and then. At one point, I put 2K miles on that bike over a summer so don't dismiss my comments as a "bike hater"....you'd be wrong.

Tom, I love it when you get all sweaty and riled up!

Tom, I love it when you get all sweaty and riled up!

Sounds like someone is not so subtly petitioning their Secret Santa-to-be for a used bicycle seat.

I've been pretty busy lately and haven't had the opportunity to stop by CP as much as I would have liked, but I'm glad to see that things haven't changed!