• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Your thoughts on the "Intro Forum"!

Respond to a whole page or 2 or more at one time?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I rarely even venture into the Intro' Forum any more. I just let the CP "official greeters" take care of it. ;)

Haven't been here long enough to feel like it's appropriate for me to be a part of the welcome wagon. The formulaic, cookie-cutter aspect of many greetings seems a little silly to me, but by the same token, it was nice to have people say hello when I first joined.

I rarely go in there unless I see someone has joined from NC or TN. I'm always hopeful that I might find a herfing friend within an hour of here.

Haven't been here long enough to feel like it's appropriate for me to be a part of the welcome wagon. The formulaic, cookie-cutter aspect of many greetings seems a little silly to me, but by the same token, it was nice to have people say hello when I first joined.

Agreed, but I don't think there is a simple solution. You obviously want people to introduce themselves, but I also don't think you want to lock the thread after they create it either. So if the person is close to home, I'll venture in to see whats up and say welcome, but other than that I leave it be.

I like it, I try to visit now and again and read the newbs intros. But I don't make it in there as often as I'd like.

If an introduction is posted appropriately I think it serves a good purpose. I like to look for Illinois members or military members.

I don't see much value in responding to 20 in a row all with the same welcome though.

I was really impressed by the warm welcome I reveived when I posted my intro. I usually try to post a "welcome" to the brand-new members, to give them the sort of welcome I had. It was cool to have several people come wish me well and give me a taste of what the place would be like. I've only been here about six weeks and I've have a fantastic time; much of that is due to the immediate sense of "belonging" I was shown by quite a few of the regular "welcoming crew".

Trey

I only go there to reconnoiter potential asshats. If I run in to a fellow New Englander or serviceman or an opportunity for a wise ass remark, I might say hello.

Doc.

Read most; usually only say howdy if we have something in common. Always try to greet fellow Texans.

~Boar

I was quite impressed with the warm reception to my intro. I think the welcoming committee perform an important albeit repetitive task. In particular, it's nice when someone from your area takes the effort to post.

I will post on a few, especially if I have something in common or if they are from my area of the world. In my opinion to just reply to all of them could be a bit much. On the other hand I know in a lot of communities especially one like this when you post an intro it's really nice to get some response and warm welcomes... it's a classy show and makes you feel welcomed.

Ya know Gary, I was wondering the same thing when I saw all the "newly posted" items on the first page were copy and pasted welcoming posts.

If an introduction is posted appropriately I think it serves a good purpose. I like to look for Illinois members or military members.

Funny, I try to greet Canadians. And occasionally Pennsylvanians. But mostly canuckleheads. :)

I do it randomly and look for something in common. If someone wants to welcome the entire page, though, so be it. It's their time and I'm sure the new members appreciate and enjoy all of the responses.

I respond to some, but not really "randomly." I'll respond to people who are in/from NY for the most part, and read a couple others.

I respond randomly also and, as seems a trend, respond to people who may be in my area. I check in on it about 1-2 times a week to see if any MS or TN people have joined.

I'll respond to people from Indiana, Georgia, or southern/central Tennessee. Those are places I'm familiar with. I'm sure many members have good intentions when they welcome everybody who posts a thread, however I fear that the Intro Forum is sometimes used as a method of post padding.

I'm sure many members have good intentions when they welcome everybody who posts a thread, however I fear that the Intro Forum is sometimes used as a method of post padding.

We're constantly reminded that post count means nothing here, so I'm not sure why there's concern there...